Our group: 2 females (age: 25) & 2 parents (age: ~60)
Location: Great views of the Arenal Volcano (when not cloudy)
Food: Breakfast buffet and the Italian Restaurant for dinner both had very tasty food.
Rooms: A/C worked, clean, comfortable beds, nice design, some drinks included with your stay (in the mini fridge)
Pools: I've never been to a resort with such an assortment! There was a main cold pool, natural hot springs, a fresh water pool, and a jacuzzi - all with waterfall features, and all built with a nature design - rocks and plants all around (beautiful!). There were plenty of chairs and gazebos around the pools. The resort also had a towel/shower area by the pool, which was convenient.
Service: Staff (breakfast, Italian restaurant, front desk, shuttle/cart drivers, pool bar) were all great, except Ruth at the front desk (which is why this resort only gets a 4/5). Ruth was rude on several occasions and 2 of us had to ask multiple times for the same things (extra towel, a second room key, etc.) for her to actually help us - it was very disappointing to encounter an employee with such a disregard for the guests, who are paying good money, and such poor customer service.
Overall: Great resort (avoid Ruth), and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the Arenal Volcano area at a hotel with natural hot springs.
Recommendations: Think about adding a fitness center to your already stellar resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos