We stayed at the Springs for 3 nights during July, 2014. Although our room faced the volcano, we never even saw it there because it was so rainy and foggy. Bring an umbrella if you are going in July. The grounds of the hotel are immaculate and the staff is incredibly friendly. The hot springs are beautiful. And unlike other hotels in the area, only hotel guests get to use the hot springs. The hot springs weren't crowded, especially after dark (which year round, it gets dark at 6:30PM). The rooms are nice, have a safe and a really unique shower -rain water from outside trickles along an inside rock wall in the shower. The breakfast buffet is included in your room price and was incredible- made to order omelets and a wide variety of breakfast food. There isn't any drawer space in the room. It was so rainy that pretty much any clothes that get wet, stay wet --we used the hotel laundry service to dry our clothes. We did have an issue with teeny tiny bugs (which I believe goes with the whole tropical rain forest area) and staff tried to address it. You basically have your own private bungalow --yours may be a 5-7 minute walk to the front desk but they are very prompt about picking you up in a golf cart if you want. We tried the hotel Italian restaurant but found it just fair. We really liked eating dinner at the swim up Sushi Bar which also had great quesadillas (but don't order the nachos- they were not good). Not much to do there after dark except hang out in the hot springs/bar which was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos