We stayed here for our first 3 days in Costa Rica and wow what a great place. the rooms feel like villas with high ceilings, wood beams etc.... we were in room 109 and it was great. we walked right out our door and was close to everything.
this side of the country definitely practices going Green. They are truly into "PURA VIDA" which means Pure Life. everyone recycles, they conserve and are very much into the environment here. they give you 1 room key which you have to place into a slot once you open your door. this will activate the power in your room. How many people in the world go into hotel rooms, leave the room and leave the lights on and waste electricity??? when you leave you have to take your key out and it shuts off the power like within 2 minutes. Great Idea.
Very rainy on this side of the country. We never got to see the volcano as it was always cloudy and the ceiling was low but this didn't affect us too much.
ALL the staff here are so friendly. They go out of their way for you to enjoy yourself and help you. They really appreciate Tourism and they want to make more Americans aware of their country so they really go all out.
Pool is so nice as it is warmed by actual hot springs from the volcano, and has a bar in it that you swim up to.
This place is very Theraputic. Lots of adventures you can do and coordinate from here. You need to keep busy every day with a tour or something as there is no night life here. It gets Dark around 6:30 and we were in bed by 8:00. So you are not just going to hang out at the resort here as there is really nothing to do and there was no sun due to cloudy and rainy, but do your tours and then this is a great place to come back to. Food is ok. Nothing outstanding but not bad.
This side of Costa Rica is more for adventures and enjoying nature and if you want to hang out in the sun then you need to go to other side. Our travel agency Pacific Trade Winds did a great job with having us here 3 days then 5 days on West side where it is dry and hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos