“Very Nice”

Hotel El Silencio del Campo
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Close to La Fortuna with an awesome view of the volcano which we didn't see much of because of the fog. But it is a lovely location, our accommodations were clean, quiet and very nice.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,951)

Reviewed 20 April 2011

We were looking for a small with good service hotel. We find this one, and we really enjoyed the stay. Great food, great service, very nice garden, healthy colorful plants, animals, everything was so clean, and romantic decoration in the room.
Great hotel, great service, best view!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My cousin and I stayed at Silencio Del Campo for five nights in April. What I miss most about Silencio are the impeccably manicured grounds. This hotel has got the best landscaping I have every seen which made it a dream to come back and relax after a day full of activites. The hot spring was great and really warm. We used it a few times during our stay. There is a bar next to the hot spring where we got really good pina colada's and daquari's. My cousin really enjoyed the duck pond where many interesting looking birds/geese would frequent. Every morning at breakfast there would be so many different species of birds singing. The food at the hotel was adequate. Breakfast is included in the price of the room and you are given several different choices. I tried the omelette, eggs and toast and the tipico Costa Rican breakfast. I really enjoyed the fresh fruit that they serve you every morning before your meal. All the waitstaff were incredibly pleasant. We had dinner there once which was ok, but I would recommend venturing into town or next door to Benedictus for dinner. The cabin we stayed in was great and very roomy. It is no frills but clean and comfortable and most importantly we both slept very well. The a/c kept the room cool, and one night we barely even needed to use it. I liked the fact that the spacious sink area is separate from the bathroom which makes getting ready in the mornings easier. The bathroom is a bit rustic but roomy with a stand in shower and plenty of hot water. The room had a safe which is very important to me when I travel. I had a netbook with me and I was a little concerned about receiving wifi from my room. In some reviews people had complained that there was spotty reception, especially from the rooms set farther back. However, I never had this problem. I stayed in room two which is near the reception area and always had excellent reception. So if that is a concern, I would request a room closer to the reception area. They do offer free usage of a laptop in the reception area if one did not bring a a laptop. Elio and Humberto at the reception area were really friendly and always there to help. I had already booked all my tours in advance but they are there for you when needing to book tours, call a taxi or answer general questions. Overall Silencio Del Campo is a beautiful place staffed by friendly local people and provided us a great value. I would not hesitant to return or recommend them!

Room Tip: Room 2- great wifi, but closer to the main road
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank evenstar944
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at El Silencio for 4 nights and loved it. The setting is picturesque, the landscaping is beautiful and immaculate, and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful! The restaurant is also very good and convenient when you don't feel like dining in La Fortuna (a 5 minute cab ride away). Highly recommend El Silencio!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2011

The staff at Hotel El Silencio del Campo is wonderful! Vanessa, the receptionist, was very nice. She provided my group and I with very helpful information. Upon our arrival at the hotel we received complimentary smoothies. The rooms were fairly spacious and very clean. The grounds are immaculate! I received a deep-tissue massage at the spa; it was excellent! I felt so well-rested the next day. I can't wait to visit this beautiful place again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The cabin was beautiful-very big and clean. Mini fridge, tv, air cond were all nice. Breakfast was great-fruit plate plus made-to-order hot food. They gave us a free mud mask facial for our stay! The hot spring was very nice, felt wonderful after rainy day! Only annoyance was wifi didn't reach our cabin and spa had no privacy. Also, note that the volcano has not erupted since November 2010 so it's quiet (which was a bummer).

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 8 April 2011

What an amazing place to stay!! The people here like Humberto and Ellio were amazing and friendly at the front desk, and the whole experience was fabulous at El Silencio. The rooms were spacious and clean with a modern rustic feel. The grounds were just absolutely beautiful. The hot spring on the grounds was equally beautiful and quite and peaceful. There was a bar out by the hot spring that was quiet but served up one of the best Pina Colada's I've ever had. The pool was equally as nice with many shaded natural over hangs placed around. There were excellent views of the volcano right outside the door to our cabana. Elliot and Humberto hooked us up with great adventures from ziplining to hiking around the Arenal and La Fortuna area. We also found out from our private transfer driver, Mario, who they hooked us up with, that El Silencio del Campo is owned and run by a family in La Fortuna. This made us feel even better about our stay here in this lush and beautiful spot. The breakfasts in the morning that came with our stay were outstanding. They even packed us a "to go" breakfast for our early morning drive the day we left. There are many places to stay in La Fortuna. We picked up and dropped off folks after our ziplining tours. Some places were nice, but had too much of an Americanized, oversized and pretentious feel to it. Not El Silencio!!! It was luxurious and beautiful and would stay there again if ever returning to the La Fortuna area!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Fortuna de San Carlos
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#6 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
#6 of 65 in Arenal Volcano National Park
Nayara Springs
Nayara Springs
#1 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to Hotel El Silencio del Campo? Share your experiences!