2,081 results
All reviews free facial hot springs small farm recommend el costa rica milk the cows collect eggs mud facial individual cabins spring pool grounds are beautiful arenal area fresh fruit hot pools front porch the cottages every morning
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We were looking for a small with good service hotel. We find this one, and we really enjoyed the stay. Great food, great service, very nice garden, healthy colorful plants, animals, everything was so clean, and romantic decoration in the room.
Great hotel, great service, best view!

Date of stay: April 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My cousin and I stayed at Silencio Del Campo for five nights in April. What I miss most about Silencio are the impeccably manicured grounds. This hotel has got the best landscaping I have every seen which made it a dream to come back and relax after a day full of activites. The hot spring was great and really warm. We used it a few times during our stay. There is a bar next to the hot spring where we got really good pina colada's and daquari's. My cousin really enjoyed the duck pond where many interesting looking birds/geese would frequent. Every morning at breakfast there would be so many different species of birds singing. The food at the hotel was adequate. Breakfast is included in the price of the room and you are given several different choices. I tried the omelette, eggs and toast and the tipico Costa Rican breakfast. I really enjoyed the fresh fruit that they serve you every morning before your meal. All the waitstaff were incredibly pleasant. We had dinner there once which was ok, but I would recommend venturing into town or next door to Benedictus for dinner. The cabin we stayed in was great and very roomy. It is no frills but clean and comfortable and most importantly we both slept very well. The a/c kept the room cool, and one night we barely even needed to use it. I liked the fact that the spacious sink area is separate from the bathroom which makes getting ready in the mornings easier. The bathroom is a bit rustic but roomy with a stand in shower and plenty of hot water. The room had a safe which is very important to me when I travel. I had a netbook with me and I was a little concerned about receiving wifi from my room. In some reviews people had complained that there was spotty reception, especially from the rooms set farther back. However, I never had this problem. I stayed in room two which is near the reception area and always had excellent reception. So if that is a concern, I would request a room closer to the reception area. They do offer free usage of a laptop in the reception area if one did not bring a a laptop. Elio and Humberto at the reception area were really friendly and always there to help. I had already booked all my tours in advance but they are there for you when needing to book tours, call a taxi or answer general questions. Overall Silencio Del Campo is a beautiful place staffed by friendly local people and provided us a great value. I would not hesitant to return or recommend them!

Room tip: Room 2- great wifi, but closer to the main road
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank evenstar944
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at El Silencio for 4 nights and loved it. The setting is picturesque, the landscaping is beautiful and immaculate, and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful! The restaurant is also very good and convenient when you don't feel like dining in La Fortuna (a 5 minute cab ride away). Highly recommend El Silencio!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2011

The staff at Hotel El Silencio del Campo is wonderful! Vanessa, the receptionist, was very nice. She provided my group and I with very helpful information. Upon our arrival at the hotel we received complimentary smoothies. The rooms were fairly spacious and very clean. The grounds are immaculate! I received a deep-tissue massage at the spa; it was excellent! I felt so well-rested the next day. I can't wait to visit this beautiful place again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The cabin was beautiful-very big and clean. Mini fridge, tv, air cond were all nice. Breakfast was great-fruit plate plus made-to-order hot food. They gave us a free mud mask facial for our stay! The hot spring was very nice, felt wonderful after rainy day! Only annoyance was wifi didn't reach our cabin and spa had no privacy. Also, note that the volcano has not erupted since November 2010 so it's quiet (which was a bummer).