We stayed 2 nights in the Leaves and Lizards hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not the average hotel of which you have so many around the Arenal volcano. Our room, the coco cabin, was big and had a big-size balcony / patio from which we could see the Arenal volcano. Lots of birds accompanied us throughout the whole hotel. A little booklet in the room informed us that over 170 different species of birds have been spotted in the hotel! The patio was equipped with 2 rocking chairs, a hammock and 2 hammock kind of seats.
The dinners and breakfasts were very nice and literally all the staff, we had different people every day, was happy, helpful and to pleasure to have around.
We did the horseback riding tour together with a guide called Enrique and his son Steven. This tour is highly recommended! Beautiful nature, very nice horses and a waterfall that looks like you are the first one ever to visit it. The guides knew a lot about the area and answered all our questions. They brought a lunch with them for us to eat at the waterfall.
Steve and Debbie, the owners, are very nice people that blend in with the visitors. They talk to you in the morning, during the day or in the evening and are more than happy to explain what animal you just noticed, what you can do that day, et cetera.
One details that we personally loved was that there was no TV around anywhere. Some hotels and restaurants in Costa Rica place huge TV screens almost everywhere. It was a pleasure NOT to see TV during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos