Leaves and Lizards is something special. A retreat, an oasis. But set your expectations -- these are cabins in the rainforest. Animals and insects abound.
The owners have created a unique place -- and the staff is incredibly helpful and happy.
The cabins and the dining area have an incredible view of Volcan Arenal, and nature is everywhere. Oh, and the food is AMAZING. Excellent quality. And the varied menu is a break from the typical beans and rice.
If you enjoy a rustic accommodation with plenty of nature and an English speaking staff, this is the place. Debbie and Steve really make it special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos