Regina Hotel
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$273
US$264
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$200
US$107
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$531
US$156
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$499
Bookit.com
US$290
Hotel Lavas del Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$96
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$127
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$554
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$123
US$98
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslight sleepernoise from the streetrestaurants and barsla fortunalovely little hotelbring earplugssmall kitchenettecosta ricathe hotel managerthe cleaning ladyac unitlots of hot waterlaundry donebusy roadbook toursgreat hotelmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2013

What a great hotel! Clean, affordable, spacious, comes with a safe, a fridge, patio, and great air con! The staff is so friendly and the hotel is in a great location, right on the main road of La Fortuna. You can literally walk down the road to a restaurant, shopping or for a coffee. This great hotel cost the same price as the nightmare of a hotel that I stayed at in Playa Grande. You can even book tours, get your laundry done and use their computer if you don't have one. The manager(I am assuming) is so nice and helpful. The only down side is that it is noisy from the traffic, but it is on the main road. Great job!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Room very clean, location is perfect, amazing price for the comfort! and the manager - Maria - she is very helpfull, she arange for you everythink - even if looks impossible:))) so thank you very much for your help!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Hotel manager Rocio is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. She went extra miles to help us to arrange tours and plan the vacations. She even drove us in her own vehicle to catch time. Hotel is clean, location is excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at the Regina Hotel in La Fortuna, based on previous tripadvisor reviews and I had booked back in the early fall. I spent 4 nights there from Jan 9 - 13. For me one of the biggest pluses was Rocio the hotel manager. This lady works long hours, is always cheerful and is a wealth of knowledge about La Fortuna and the area as well as all the available tours, etc.(which seem to be cheaper here than other places in town). The hotel although at one end of the main street was close to everything one needs, market, banks, restaurants, bus terminal, central park etc.
When I arrived I was given room 8 at the end of the upstairs hall with a panoramic view of Volcan Arenal. The room had two large beds and since I was travelling alone I had more than ample room. My room was equipped with small fridge that worked well, a sink, a table and two stools so it was possible to keep water and juice ice cold as well as an AC unit that was efficient and quiet.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were the perfect size for my liking. The biggest surprise were the very luxurious high thread count sheets!! The room as well as the bathroom was spotless, the tile floors got mopped every day, even the used glasses were replaced daily with clean ones.
My only complaint was that the WiFi did not reach my room, but 10 ft out in the hall I could get a connection. Rocio offered to give me a different room but my room had such a great view that I chose not to move and took my laptop down to the lobby and worked there instead. One thing that unlike others didn't seem to bother me was the noise, as it quieted down after 11:00 pm it did start up early in the morning, but this is not unusual for Central and South American countries.
The greatest bonus came when I woke up this morning and Arenal was completely cloudless...I quickly got out my camera and shot several images of a giant with small puffs of smoke coming from the cone...a priceless sight right from my room!!
I would highly recommend The Hotel Regina, La Fortuna!!

Room Tip: The room at the end of the hall has the best view of Arenal.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WParks
wolf022, Owner at Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you very much for your nice review, we really appreciate all your comments they will help the hotel to be better every day,
We will do our best to make our guests have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

My daughter and I spent three nights at the Regina this January and were very pleased with property. Having the additional sink allowed us to wash a few shirts (you do sweat here), and the fridge came in very handy to store apples, beer, etc. VERY CLEAN, which is a priority with us.

Couple of suggestions: we had a room that faced the street, and it was pretty loud---quite a few Costa Rican cars/busses that are really loud, especially going uphill)---would try a room not facing the street next time. Also, if you do not have a car, this hotel is much more convenient than the nicer lodges outside of town. We really enjoyed being able to walk around town and try different snacks/meals whenever we wanted. Most of the lodges are not really within walking distance of town.

Although our other Costa Rica hotels were certainly nicer at 3-4 times the cost of the Regina, we both agreed that this was our "good find" hotel of the trip.

Room Tip: Would choose a room not facing the street, if on street bring earplugs!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
wolf022, Manager at Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel with the Tripadvisor community , all your comments will appreciate it and help us to give a better service every day.
Robert Wolf Manager.