My wife and I stayed at Kokoro Arenal for the first leg of our Costa Rica honeymoon and we loved it! The setting is very unique and unique from other places we stayed. Our room felt like its own individual bungalow with great views of the Arenal Volcano and a nicely manicured landscape. (Note that we were fortunate to have the clouds lift during the majority of our stay in Arenal leaving a perfect view of the volcano. During the high season, this is not always the case.) The Asian and South American themes melded well together and the overall feeling was one of simplicity and tranquility.
The staff were great at responding to all of our needs and answering our questions. We visited the Eco Thermales hot springs while in Arenal, but personally enjoyed the pools at Kokoro more. The water is light brown in color due to the mineral oxidation and was very warm and refreshing. The pools were extremely relaxing after a busy day of waterfall rappeling and volcano hiking.
Finally, our favorite meal of the trip was at the restaurant at Kokoro. It is a rustic open air environment with a great view of the volcano in the day. The chef Benedicto had recently begun the restaurant and was so welcoming to us. He personally took our order, joked with us throughout the meal and gave us a tour of his kitchen after we ate. We sampled a number of items and everything was uniquely flavored and well prepared. A place you must eat if you are in Arenal!
Though we had good experiences at other places as well, my wife and I really wished we could have spent more time at Arenal and were thrilled with our choice to stay at the Kokoro resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos