We rented one of the eco-cabins and really liked it. I have read numerous issues that people had with the hotel, and can't say that we experienced any of the same issues. You are out in the middle of no where, that is true. The location is a bit of a pain in the butt, however the hotel makes up for it with beautiful grounds and adorable, clean, and comfortable cabins. We didn't find ours musty at all. If you choose to stay at this hotel, know that you are communing with nature. It is likely that you will find a bug or two in your cabin. Get over it.
The staff were brilliant and helped us book our tours, provided information and were overall really lovely. The service we got was top notch.
I have seen plenty of comments about the pool. We used it and thought it was just fine. We laughed our butts off at the review that goes on and on about the pool "waterfall" that didn't work. It wasn't working while we there either but who would notice or care in such beautiful surroundings with an awesome volcano view?? We also used the hot springs every night. Not all the pools were full and the water was indeed a little murky looking (some just are - not the first time I have seen this), but they felt great. The hot spring pools are filled for 4 pm but don't attempt to get in until about 7pm - they are darn hot at 4!
Breakfast is included and we found it delicious. The only downfall of this place is that they are located so far from town so that meal planning is a bit of a pain. It would be nice if their restaurant was full service. We did take out and it was fine. In reflecting on our experience, we felt that in spite of the distance from town, we were happier to have stayed here. The town is just alright. I am happy we made the choice to stay in this beautiful location instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos