These secluded cosy cottages nestled amongst a beautiful reserve truly lives up to its name.. an oasis. Our one bedroom cabin was spacious and spotless, furnished simply in creative rustic style..charming. It is a leisurely fifteen minute walk to the village backdropped by fabulous views of Arenal Volcano and past friendly village folks going about their daily lives. There is a large supermarket at the junction which stocks everything you could need and access to a number of shops, restaurants and sodas. The Bonilla family offer a list of tours which we did not need during our two nights there, but the prices seemed very reasonable. The family themselves are lovely and eager to please. Overall, great value for an intimate ecolodge experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80's was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos