I was a little skeptical about this hotel initially, only because i wasn't impressed with the pictures that I saw on TripAdvisor. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the pictures didn't do the property any justice. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous, and extremely well manicured. Rooms offer privacy and are spread out in a similar layout to that of a villa complex. We had a beautiful view of the volcano right from our porch. In fact, I think most rooms are positioned to get a view of the volcano.
The staff were very friendly and helpful in offering advice for activities in the area. Most had an excellent command for the English language, so that was helpful.
The BEST part of my stay was the complimentary breakfast every morning! I am still dreaming of it, it was phenomenal!!! I also had a couple spa treatments and that was great as well.
This is definitely more of a couples resort, but I enjoyed being there with friends. THey have a happy hour every nite by the hot springs (that was a cool feature as well!) with excellent drink prices! Great way to unwind after being out and about during the day. We were there during rainy season so it was fairly quiet.
Location is great. There are several activities close to the resort and many tour operators offer a complimentary shuttle service.
What I didn't like:
1) The grounds are quite expansive so be prepared to do a bit of walking to get around the hotel. You can call for a golf cart to pick you up, but I found that the response time was a little too slow for me.
2) The property is poorly lit at night. If I was not with a group, I would have felt a little uncomfortable walking around in the darkness. I hope that the hotel will consider better lighting because this really is the only downfall.
Overall, I have to say that I loved this resort and it is a great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos