Dinghy Expeditions Outfitter Mountains Rivers and Coasts - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinghy Expeditions is a small family owned local business that offers personalized full and half day rafting, hiking, volcano and safari tours in the La Fortuna / Arenal Volcano area. We also specialize in multi day trekking and river expeditions taking visitors to some of the most unique, remote and off the beaten path places across Costa Rica. We focus on each client's needs and keep our tours small or private to maintain top quality service and low environmental impact.
Newport Beach, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The Meaning of Pura Vida”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Diana and Ahndres of Dinghy Expeditions Outfitter not only took us on a outstanding adventure, they also showed us the beauty of Costa Rica's ecosystem, culture, and love for the country. They showed my husband and me the true meaning of Pura Vida. Our experience with them was magical; from it we have made two new wonderful friends and developed a love and appreciate for Costa Rica. I highly recommend them for any adventure you seek in the spectacular country of Costa Rica!

Pura Vida,
Tera Jackson

Visited July 2014
6 Thank Terra5

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We felt like family....truly AMAZING!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

From the moment we met Ahndres & Diana, we knew we were going to have an amazing time. Not only did we learn about the area, the whitewater & the ecological systems, we also learned about these 2 amazing individuals. Their mindset is something we should all strive to achieve & to us, they were the definition of Pura Vida...
We have already recommended others to them & we are already making plans for a second trip back.
Thank to Ahndres & Diana for a wonderful time!
Pura Vida!

Visited July 2014
5 Thank EJ0112
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just one word for it: GREAT!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We spent a day with Diana and Andres from Dinghy Expeditions rafting the Rio Balsa. We learned a lot about how to raft safely and had a great ride. But most of all it was the unbelievable friendliness and the hugh wisdom of them both that made the trip so special. Being introduced to nature and wildlife while sitting in the boat and learning about what makes Costa Rica and its Flora and Fauna so special and which threats to this great wilderness there are. The hot springs in the evening and drinks with this lovely crew made our stay perfect.
We absolutely recommend Dinghy Expeditions if you have the chance to be there and you are interested having fun and learning about Costa Ricas nature at the same time.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank annar208
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Extreme, Intensifying and Fun”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I must say that this was one of the most extreme water rafting I ever been, first of all, me and water are not a good match and that means that I am or let's say I was afraid of water till this most exciting rafting tour.
as you can see on some pictures my face reaction from where the water was splashing us I was very scare but at the same time I was having a blast.
so if you are looking for some great adventure please do not hesitate to take this tour you will not regret it I guarantee that for sure 100%

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jose V
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So good, we went back with them for two more days!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We hiked the Rio Celeste and saw so many animals that we had to come back for more, doing a safari float the following day - then white water rafting on the Sarapiqi. Ahndres & Diana are passionate about what they do and really take time to appreciate nature, no rushing through to "tick the boxes".

We really appreciated the one-on-one aspect of their tours, and felt we got awesome value for money. We'll definitely be back for more when we visit Costa Rica again!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Sarah and Dave A

Travellers who viewed Dinghy Expeditions Outfitter Mountains Rivers and Coasts - Day Tours also viewed

La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park

Been to Dinghy Expeditions Outfitter Mountains Rivers and Coasts - Day Tours? Share your experiences!