Hotel Mountain Paradise
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$264
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$201
US$107
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$499
Bookit.com
US$290
US$227
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$163
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa Luna Hotel & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$114
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$338
US$146
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$165
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$127
US$109
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$177
Orbitz.com
1,414 results
All reviewswaterfall showerregular showerswim up barcosta ricaheated poolla fortunaarenal volcanowet barrocking chairsfree shuttlegolf cartlive plantsmaster suiteking bedprivate patiohotel grounds areour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My boyfriend and I were upgraded to room 401 - Premium Suite Villa. We had our own massive private jacuzzi looking upon the volano. Our villa was secluded from all other villas, it was like our own private hideaway. The villa had two huge bathrooms, one with waterfall shower. Two large bedrooms - one with king bed and the other with two queen beds. The decor is a little outdated but the size of the villa makes up for this.

The staff take you via golf cart to your room. The staff were very friendly, arranged a day tour for us and then dinner at the Tabacon springs - a must see.

Our stay was an absolute steal price wise! $110 a night including breakfast. We would go back in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Ask for room 401
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pip J
Reviewed 15 November 2013

It's a amazing experience for us. Very neat, clean rooms, nice bathroom, great views. The staff made our stay very memorable one. Alexandra, Daniel, Noel, Arlen, Ana and all other staff members took good care of us. You guys ROCK!!.

Keep up the good work guys!

Phani and Surya

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phani P
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I decided to make a last minute change to our hotel and decided to call mountain paradise... needless to say was the prefect place!.... without any problems they accommodated our party of 10 and having a small child the staff was extremely accommodating.
Our rooms were clean and very cozy despised their big size, the beds comfortable and the bathroom amazing.
A lot of our family were teens and children and they just loved to heated pool which was very relaxing at night time with the beautiful view of the star fill sky.
The daily breakfast was very typical to Costa Rican culture and was very good. For lunch and dinner we alternated between restaurants that were always good and very accommodating to our large party.
Overall this is a wonderful place to stay, my family loved it!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ale458
Reviewed 8 November 2013

After an awful experience at Montanas de Fuego, we moved to Hotel Mountain Paradise. I cannot tell you how wonderful the experience was. They came to pick us up at Montanas de Fuego at 7:30 PM. Upon arrival, we were greeted by fruit cocktails brought to us by Diego, the manager at the hotel restaurant. We quickly checked in and were transported to our rooms.

THE ROOMS

The rooms were amazing! The rooms we stayed in had 2 beds - one king and one queen. The beds were super comfortable and the bedroom spacious. A glass door opens at the foot of the bed to show a breathtaking view of Volcan Arenal. The bathrooms are incredible too. Not only were they HUGE but they also were amazingly clean. The shower is like a waterfall and each bathroom has a privacy toilet. Each room has A/C and heating (I know it’s Costa Rica but believe me the nights are very fresh at least in November which is the time I normally go).

THE AMENITIES

Hotel Mountain Paradise has much to offer by way of amenities. There are two restaurants - one located inside the premises and one located just outside the premises. The restaurant inside the premises offers free breakfast each morning and IT IS GOOD. Fresh fruit, cereal, coffee, and a Costa Rican house breakfast will hit the spot! Diego and his staff are attentive, accommodating and quickly solve any problem you may have. The restaurant outside the premises has lower prices and good food although the plates are smaller.

Both restaurants had amazing views of the volcano!

The pool is heated and the head bartender at the pool, Johan, will impress you! I do not drink alcohol and he accommodated by making me some drinks that were not even on the menu! Ask for the Caribeño - a non-alcoholic wonder by Johan. There are three different pools of varying depth - perfect for children and adults.

Go for a night swim - they are the best!

THE STAFF

The staff is TOP OF THE LINE! Isaac checked us into the hotel and got us accommodated. We have a one year old baby and needed a playpen and a fridge. Isaac was prompt in sending these requests to us! The staff at reception was awesome. Polite, friendly and accommodating your every need.

I mentioned Johan who was awesome at the pool bar. He was always accommodating, had towels for the people swimming and is a good conversationist - not to mention a great bartender.

Diego and his staff at the restaurant were attentive and made sure our experience at the restaurant was first class.

Noel was in charge of tours and adventures at the Hotel Mountain Paradise. We dealt with him on a daily basis. He is the man! He truly loves his job and he genuinely cares for the people in his tour groups. He makes sure you have a great time. While we were there he always had a wonderful disposition to help and make sure your stay was perfect. On tours, he is very knowledgable about the surrounding fauna and wildlife and is always ready to answer questions. He has friends in every town and his charisma, joy, and excitement are contagious. I encourage you to go on the hikes, and the boat safari of Caño Negro - both will impress you and challenge you - plus give you a chance to get a feel for what life in Costa Rica is like.

Along with Noel, Mauricio is one of the drivers. He does an amazing job of keeping the vehicles clean and ready to operate. His driving is smooth, and careful and he has a GPS-like knowledge of the roads.

During one instance my brother and I went into reception to find a customer with some very specific requests about his tours. As I listened to him speak I was sure that they would not be able to accommodate him - but they did. Every single one of his requests was met!

I know I may have left some of the staff out of this review but to a person - every single person on staff is awesome and willing to help in any way they can! I cannot wait for next year!

In all, the stay at Hotel Mountain Paradise was amazing. The prices are right, the rooms are awesome, and the staff is a true partner in your vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Josue M
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Went here on our honeymoon. For my wife and I, it was more of a "home base" during our 3 day stay in Arenal. The hotel was more than accommodating for our tours and late night requests. The room was cool! I would caution those who are easily "bugged out" we had 2 types of showers in our bathroom, but there were plants. Not that thats a bad thing, but the plants weren't in pots, they were growing out of the floor. A little weird for some, I'll admit, but not bad. No internet in the room, have to walk to the restaurant for wifi. Overall the hotel was good, could it have been better, yes. Some room for improvement. But a good job for a US couple looking for jungly accommodations. Would return.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple