“Great volcano view”

Hotel Mountain Paradise
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay here. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We loved how the rooms felt like little cottages and it was very quiet. The room was very large and perfect for what we needed. The free breakfast was great. We especially loved Brian at the pool bar. He was fun and sweet. I loved watching him dance to the music. The front desk staff was helpful in booking us an outing and making sure we made it.
My only complaint would be they need more chairs at the pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and what a treat ! It was just great ! We think everyone was beyond accommodating even if you didn't have a question or a problem. They were all very friendly. The staff is just first rate and beyond helpful. David,Carlos, Alfredo,Eric,Fabion, Julio, Maria and Johnny, our driver on our trip to San Jose. Can't say enough about the staff which is key when your Spanish is not the best. Thanks, Amigos/Amigas ! Our room was wonderful and very creatively designed, with privacy and a jacuzzi outside on your own patio. The pool was a little warm for us but may be volcano fed. The views of the Arenal Volcano were perfect and we happened to catch 2 days with no clouds, so the view was exceptional. Can we say we loved it? Yes, we did ! Mucho Gracais, Mountain Paradise !
Pamela and Roger

1  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place was wonderful but I particularly loved the view. We had a clear breathtaking view of the volcano our first full day in Arenal. I loved how each room was like its own little cottage tucked away in lush, beautiful, full greenery and flora. The open restaurant area was a real treat to have (free) breakfast at because of the view. The breakfast buffet was immaculate. We ate there for dinner one night but felt the dinner was overpriced for the quality of the food. The swim up bar was one of my favorite things about this place as well. I didn't want to leave my spot! The bartender was great and made some of the best drinks I've ever tasted! Our room had two showers, one of which was like a waterfall coming out of rocks! It was so nice and made me feel like I was showering outside without showering outside. :) The staff here were very friendly and helpful as well. I couldn't have asked for a better experience (or view) at Arenal.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We just finished a fantastic three night stay here, where to begin? Some highlights:
- hotel staff, including Alfredo, Carlos, Brian, everyone, are all unbelievably friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and attentive.
- fabulous room with private little pool looks out onto the volcano, wonderful waterfall shower, great beds, just wonderful
- the housekeeping staff are incredible, they fold the towels into lovely shapes: elephants, swans, hearts, they detail the creations with flower petals
- Carlos also spent a solid hour talking to my wife and daughter about local wildlife.
- Alfredo was very welcoming and attentive, so positive,it seems like he never sleeps!
- beautiful pools and grounds
- safe and secure with gated entry
- very convenient

Just a great hotel, hope we can come back one day!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott O
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I don't even know where to begin to write a review of this place. We arrived late at night and was checked in and taken up a path in a golf cart to our own individual home. We walked in and the room was amazing (check out their pictures on their website), even the bathroom with our regular shower and then our waterfall shower with plants and rock in the bathroom. After he showed us how to control the lights and air we quickly got settled in to walk down and have supper before the restaurant closed. Ok, here is the only part that was just okay.....I felt like the supper was overpriced and just ok, nothing special. I would recommend taking one of their courtesy vans out into town if you don't have your own transportation to enjoy the local dining except for breakfast which is a buffet and free and taste great! The first morning we woke up and finally got to see where we were at in the daylight, words cannot describe not only the wonderful view of the volcano but the grounds of the tropical paradise right there on property was beyond breathtaking and more than anything I could have ever imagined. Literally could not have pictured a better setting in my mind and I am hard to please. It made it difficult to eat breakfast that morning because I would take a bite of food and have to look around at the volcano and the property's gardens after every bite, lol. After being out and about around Arenal for the day, eating supper in town, we had drinks at the swimup pool bar and the bartender was so entertaining, while making our drinks he was singing along and dancing to the music that was playing. Anyway, stop looking for a place in Arenal/LaFortuna because you just found it. Its most certainly this place.

2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this beautiful hotel and you can not ask for more. From the rooms to the restaurant and the staff, everything is to your taste and comfort. The environment and countryside atmosphere, plus the thermal pools, you feel in paradise.

Room Tip: Fitness center is its landscape by itself.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 245Edith
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a couple nights while visiting the La Fortuna area. This place is perfectly located. They're tucked away from the main road, but it's about a 5-10 minute ride to anything you want to do in La Fortuna (zip line, hot springs, hanging bridges, 4 wheeling, horseback riding)

I'm not sure about the other reviews, but from the moment we entered the building we were treated like kings. The staff bent over backwards to give us the info we were looking for while offering suggestions to their personal favorite places. We are very aware that many places send their guests to places that are associated with the hotel, but we felt their staff was very honest.

The rooms were great. There's some pictures of the bathrooms in the photo section, and they look exactly like ours did. The only downfall was the food. But we have a passion for food so our expectations may be a little higher than usual. Regardless, I would stay here again anytime.

an FYI. You might look out your window and see a cow or horse. There was a random cow eating from the tree about 2 feet from our patio. It was pretty awesome.

Room Tip: We stayed in 302 and had a great view of the volcano.
2  Thank baracuda433