“Paradise in the rainforest in Costa Rica at Casa...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 134 reviews

Reviews from our community

sefurman
Denver, Colorado
“Paradise in the rainforest in Costa Rica at Casa Cielo Volcano Retreat in Arenal, Costa Rica”
Reviewed 2 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

Casa Cielo Volcano Retreat in Arenal, Costa Rica was perfect in every way! I can't say enough to highlight the special efforts made to make the first international trip for our kids both cultural and meaningful. Every single detail was thought out and done to make our stay unforgettable! I wasn’t sure how the weather would impact our visit with two lively boys over Thanksgiving break but was happily surprised in so many ways. From hanging bridges in the rainforest canopy, ziplining near a waterfall, stand-up paddle boarding on Laguna de Arenal, looking for sloths and monkeys on a jungle river cruise or the extra efforts to prepare allergy-safe foods for my son, it warmed my heart and made everyone feel very comfortable. Paul and Rosie were gracious both in person and via email, answering endless questions and helping us make our time in Costa Rica fun and memorable.

Date of stay: November 2017
Jessica L
“Do not stay anywhere but here in CR!!!”
Reviewed 22 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Hopefully that prelude got your attention because you are not going to find a better place to thoroughly enjoy your vacation unless you book here!
The location is absolutely breathe taking with the views of the volcano along with the remoteness of it all it's just an oasis. Paul and his wife Rosy couldn't be any better at being the hosts which doesn't just include checking you in and making sure the place is cleaned daily, it's personal attention with lining up activities, making and serving fantastic meals, making you feel like family and just plain understanding what people want to feel like while trying to take a break from the day to day hustle.
I'm a stay at home mom who cares 24 hours a day for a special needs child so when I get my time away once a year with my husband it means a lot to me that it be everything I dreamed of and more, and this was just that, to say the least.
Paul lined us up on numerous outings that we requested and there was no work involved for us, just get on the shuttle or take a short walk and we were ready to go! I could go on and on about everything little thing but honestly just go, you won't regret it!
We are already booking our trip for next year!
Pura Vida!!!

Jessica (wife of Aaron Lindberg)

Date of stay: November 2017
Your age range 35-49
Management Response
24 Nov 2017
Thanks Jessica!! We really enjoyed your visit at Casa Cielo! I'm looking forward to next years visit. Pura Vida!!
Mark K
“La casa Cielo Volcano”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

This was an absolutely awesome place to stay and begin our Costa Rica trip. Location was great with excellent views. San Jose was good for a night, and the beach towns are entertaining, but La Fortuna was a perfect blend of nature, some light social life, and good day activities. Definitely would sacrifice a few beach days on a week long trip to stay here again.

House is beautiful and the host, Paul, gave us great recommendations for seeing the local scene and pointed us to the right day trips. We felt very comfortable and well taken care of. Each worry free day started with a great breakfast and ended in the pool. Definite recommendation to experience.

Date of stay: September 2017
Your age range 25-34
dsant0
Boston, Massachusetts
“Absolutely Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

This home is beyond exceptional. The view is simply out of this world from every angle of the property. The volcano and tropical rain forest is a feast for the eyes. The immaculate landscaped grounds put extra icing on the cake.

Having traveled all over the world, 74 countries on five continents, staying at some of the finest accommodations on the planet Casa Cielo Volcano View Retreat, Arenal, Costa Rica is an absolute all-time favorite. We swam, skinny dipping optional, in the beautiful pool and ate under the stars on the gorgeous patio every night. Don’t miss pizza night this was an especially awesome experience!

Paul and his family are the best. Warm, attentive terrific people. As much as we loved the house we enjoyed getting to meet and know this wonderful family. Every morning they made us the best breakfast, all to order, with Costa Rica coffee and local fruits.

Honestly, I would not have changed a single thing. It was a perfect trip! Thanks Paul and family

Date of stay: September 2017
Your age range 50-64
hotpants2...
Yonkers, NY
“Gorgeous home + lovely family”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

You will not be disappointed with your stay at Casa Cielo. From the house, to the grounds, to the breakfast- all were fantastic. Paul could not have been more helpful and available with things like tour planning, directions, advice, suggestions. He greeted us upon our arrival to show us around the property, and seeing I had ordered dinner early, it was ready shortly thereafter. The food was delicious, and Paul and his wife Rosy took special care to prepare my meals according to my dairy and egg allergies. We had dinner and breakfast by the pool, and I wish we booked an extra day because it was a vacation in itself just lounging around and enjoying the house and scenery. We even had our own special visitor, Junior, the family dog, who my son enjoyed spending time with. I will definitely return one day in the future, and will make sure to tack on an extra day.

Coastal69...
“Peace in Paradise”
Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

I stayed at Casa Cielo with my two teenage children for a week. How often do teenagers tell their mom "Thank you for taking me on that vacation, it was so fun!"
The house itself is beautiful and Paul and Rosy are very attentive hosts without ever being intrusive. Breakfast is delicious every morning and the view of the volcano from the master bedroom and outdoor bar area is spectacular. While being nestled away in a less touristy area, there is plenty to do and see both down the road and a short drive away. I definitely recommend wandering down to the farm in the morning to milk the cow if you've never done that before and then go horseback riding through the forest to the waterfall. If you're lucky the foals will come along with you playing a frolicking alongside the riders. Also go caving where you squeeze through little passages to chambers filled with bats and small water falls within the caverns. It's not an experience that you'll normally have when taken on a caving tour anywhere else. If you're not afraid of heights, ask Paul to give you a go at tree climbing with his rope and harness system. Really fun and easy to get the hang of after he explains it. So much to do and a beautiful home to come back to and relax in at the end of the day or night.

Management Response
26 Aug 2017
It was awesome having you stay with us Nadine! We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves. I hope to see you again someday in the future. PURA VIDA!!!
Doug P
Orange County, California
“Had a fantastic stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Stayed three nights at Casa Cielo and really enjoyed our time there. From the convenient location to the concierge level of service Paul and family provided, our family truly enjoyed our stay. Paul's assistance setting up our excursions and guidance on what to do were spot on. The accommodations reflect pride of ownership and the food was delicious. Highly recommended.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.