1,592 results
All reviews arenal volcano costa rica hot tubs are chocolate tour beautiful grounds beautiful hotel nature trail pool bar close to la fortuna hotel restaurant zip lining great pool couples massage rooms are nice white water rafting mini fridge close to town
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We really enjoyed our three nights here. The grounds are well kept and every single one of the staff members were very nice and helpful. EVERY ONE!!! For the price, you just can't beat it.

We also opted for a top floor room and glad we did. We had a view of the volcano from our bed and a little patio. The only bad thing about the patio were the chairs. They just weren't comfortable and honestly we didn't even sit out there due to that fact alone.

However, the bed was very comfortable and we wanted to sleep longer but had things to do in the mornings, so we typically went to sleep early. Not a thing wrong with the room itself. Shower was awesome. Each unit of 4 rooms appears to have its own water heater so we never ran out. The lighting in the bathroom was a little strange with a very light redish bulb over the mirror. More like a nightlight than anything as it didn't illuminate anything. Sort of a bad place to put makeup on and no other mirror in the room. Had a fridge and coffee maker which is always nice. The hairdryer was good quality and worked well.

There is a little path around back that is nice to walk on, next to a small creek. There are a couple of pools full of fish in them on the grounds also. Pool was nice but not heated so it was too cold for me to want to get into but in the day nobody was there so it was nice to relax by if you had downtime.

A little too far to walk to town and taxi ranged from $6-8 each way.

Breakfast was good with enough to satisfy everyone. They made to order omelettes if you wanted one. Had fruit, cereal, cheese and (fake) ham, bread to toast, one day pancakes and fresh juice and coffee. It was good. Also had happy hour 2x1 basically from 5-7. Drinks were very good and they didn't skimp on the alcohol. Beers for non happy hour ran about $4/ea. so you're better off buying a 6 pack in town and keeping it cold in your fridge.

Overall it was great and I'd stay there again!

Room tip: Top room facing the volcano. Some units did NOT face the volcano...I know for sure units B and C and maybe A and D do as well.
1  Thank hotrodgurl
Paul V, Gerente at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Guest;
We appreciate your comment, we are really happy to know that we reach your expectations and a little bit more, that is our main goal every day. About the lights in the room, is one of the things plan to get better.
We look forward to see you back at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Casa Luna. We were greeted warmly by reception and given what I think is referred to locally as a natural drink, which is a bit like a fruit shake. Very refreshing after a long ride from San Jose. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, but that is because we arrived prior to check in. We arranged a tour the next day in the meantime and walked the grounds of the hotel while we waited - so beautiful! The landscaping is gorgeous, there are birds and lizards and flowers everywhere. Even a couple of little fish ponds.

The room itself was nice, top floor, nice view of Arenal Volcano from the balcony, even though it was always shrouded in mist (blame that on the rainy-ish season we chose for our vacation time) but enjoyable nonetheless. We had a nice balcony to relax on and just enjoy the scenery. My husband said the volcano top was clear at around 4AM. Too bad he didn't wake me up!

The breakfast buffet was delicious.

Just a couple of things, which a previous reviewer stated. Expect some bugs. There are small spaces between the windows and under doors and insects can get in. Just use your repellent if you are worried about mosquitoes (we didn't get bitten by anything during our stay) and any other insects tend to just leave you alone, like the very tiny ants that hang out in the bathroom. And one night I caught sight of a house gecko near the bathroom window on the inside of the room. The gecko ran away - through the window frame area - when I came into the bathroom. So, the windows aren't sealed too well. So, although I think the maid service is pretty good, I deduct a point because the windows and doors could maybe be sealed a bit better. We also had a problem with only getting cold water one morning, but that was fixed very quickly when we called reception about it.

We didn't use the spa but a fellow visitor we met at the pool said her massage was excellent.

Also, the hotel is a bit far from the main town, but if you are looking to get away from it all and be closure to nature, it's perfect. Expect the birds of LaFortuna to wake you up early - they really get their day started with a symphony, but I liked that.

Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The room was a good size with a little patio. I didn't stay at any other accommodations in the Fortuna area but I'm sure like most resort areas in a tropical area expect little ants and spiders ( a lot of them). This is not a fault of the hotel obviously but I just want people to know what to expect. The room we got was obviously aging. The remote didn't work and I had overhead another couple complaining about something not working. The toilet also didn't flush and we had to get someone to fix it. The A/C worked for the first day but not the second. It blew out air but it wasn't cold.

The food at the hotel was actually quite good. Generally resorts are not only overpriced but the food really isn't that good. I enjoyed all the food there although expect to pay a premium. You will pay a great deal more for the convenience though. I found a place in the main town of Fortuna that ended up $15 compared to a $30 - $40 at the hotel.

Housekeeping - not very good. They didn't replenish the shampoo, etc. and I had to go to the front desk to get some.

The front desk was very helpful in booking trips, directions, tips, and generally I was pleased.

All in all compared to some other resorts which run closer to 300 - 400 a night this was more along the lines of $150. One tip though - this hotel seemed to be on the opposite side of town as almost every tour we took we were the last to be picked up and dropped off.

1  Thank rwliu76

Dear Guest;
Thanks for your comment, we appreciate all the feedback from our clients and we are happy to know that you spend a good time at Casa Luna, about the restaurant every day we work with our staff to provide the best experience but sometimes there are some issues or details that we need to get better. About the prices, we are working in a new menu in order to provide more options to our clients based on variety and prices.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel is rightly placed in la fortuna with walking distance to the waterfall and away from downtown noise. The rooms were very comfortable and had a rustic look.They had very nice patio with a view of the arenal. The entire hotel is eco friendly and the service and staff were very friendly.

The spa was fabulous and very relaxing. The lady at the spa was very good with the massage.

Breakfast is complimentary and was decent with fresh fruits ,fruit juice,omelette station and Gallo pinto etc.There was limited variety for vegetarians. Dinner was excellent at the restaurant.

would come back for scenic/garden/spa.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Soumya L

Dear Guest;
We appreciate your comment, we are really happy to know that we reach your expectations and a little bit more, that is our main goal every day. Thanks about your observation about vegetarian options for breakfast, we will take care of that.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We spent 3 days at the Casa Luna Hotel. The grounds are lovely and well maintained. Rooms are spacious with well appointed bath and individual balconies. Spa services are terrific, and front desk staff is courteous, friendly, helpful. Hotel is convenient to the town of La Fortuna, just a $5 cab ride to the central plaza.

Date of stay: November 2013