We arrived at the Casa Luna Hotel and Spa after scary ride through heavy fog on windy roads (note to self only repeat this journey in the day)
The staff were very helpful on arrival.
The room was fine, but basic and had a slight damp/musty smell. The lack of an actual wardrobe was also an issue for us.
The only other issue was the sheets which had an unidentifiable stain on them.
The food in the restaurant was good, but i have to say the breakfasts were not great. we ended up going into town to a place called My Coffee , which was a definite improvement.
The trip we organised through the hotel to the volcano and the thermal pools was good.
Highlights of this hotel were definitely the view-once the cloud lifted and the spa. The massages were brilliant. Oh and the grounds are great too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos