I came here June 5-8 with one of my girl friends to celebrate our birthdays. Even though it was their rainy season, it didn't affect our stay really. The hotel was clean, beautiful and lush. We saw a lot of animals like frogs, lizards, fish and hummingbirds on the property. The staff was really helpful and friendly and we never felt pressure from them to tip or buy any extras. We got this getaway through a Groupon and were set up with ziplining, volcano tour, hot springs and white water rafting. Each tour guide was amazing, knowledgeable and fun. The locals were also great and we never felt pressure to buy from anywhere. I miss it already.
The only con, which is minor, is that after dark at a certain time, there are no lights lighting up the pathways to your hotel room, which can be kinda creepy with the wildlife. At the hot springs spa we ran past a really active snake jumping around on the pathway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos