We came to La Fortuna to see the Arenal but during our stay (3 nights) we never even caught a peek of the vulcano as it was raining most of the time. I think in such a situation the hotel and its premises plays a special and vital role for one's own well-being.
The hotel is rather new and this is of course reflected in its premises as well. A new wellness-area was under construction while we stayed there (and surely will be under construction for some time) but there was no noise, pollution or any other negative interference because of this, so no worries. Everything is clean and nice, the pool-area as well as the garden, the restaurant and the reception. But.... in other places the garden were much more diverse, less regulated and more.... I'd say natural. In the Casa Luna Lodge it was more of a monoculture or several monocultures.
Our room (E2) was on the ground floor (there are 4 rooms, 2 up and 2 down in each module) and we liked it there. It was our first room in Costa Rica with a fridge and a coffee machine in the room. In the room we had 2 large beds, big enough for us three. Everything, including the bath, was new and clean. Especially the mattresses were absolutely wonderful, I didn't sleep so well for ages! There was a safety box in the room and at the reception I could get a laptop computer for free internet access (enough space to sit comfortable near the reception). The receptionists were always very friendly and helpful, maybe one of the friendliest staff we encountered in Costa Rica. We only had breakfast here (which was okay; one day a buffet and one day à la carte) but other travellers reported that tea was less than recommendable. I understand that the restaurant is subleased to someone else. La Fortuna is a bit away, surely at least the 1,5 km mentioned here. There you'll find plenty of nice, cheap and expensive, Sodas or restaurants.
The Casa Luna Lodge is on the road to the La Fortuna waterfall but we recommend your own transportation to really use all the possiblities this area offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos