This is an absolutely gorgeous property, with very good service and a convenient location. I would definitely recommend to other couples and would stay there again.
Room: We stayed in one of the Nayara Suites, which is definitely worth the money to upgrade. It had a beautiful outdoor shower and private deck with a hot tub, hammock, and gorgeous view. We really liked the outdoor shower and never used the indoor one. The indoor bathroom had a lot of nice amenities, however, like a towel warmer (great to dry swimsuits and wet clothes), dual vanities, etc.
Property: The grounds were beautiful, with lots of fountains and flowers. We saw parrots, lots of other birds, and a sloth. There is one small pool (although they are building a larger one that should be open soon). The pool is fine for adults who want to lounge or have a drink, but is not for kids. There were two unruly kids (ages 2 and 4) while we were there that ruined the pool for us. They literally spit water at us (and in our drinks) and shrieked at a high pitch. They cleared out the entire pool. While I can't blame the hotel for the behavior of the guests, since the hotel boasts over 90% of their guests are honeymooners or people on their anniversary I am not sure why they allow kids under a certain age. When they open the new pool, at the very least I hope they make the old pool adults only. We escaped the kids by going to the separate hot tub area, but on day 2 of shrieking kids everyone had this idea and that area was full.
Food/Service: For the most part the service was great. Everyone was friendly, spoke very good English, and was definitely trying. We had a few minor hiccups (e.g. making us leave breakfast for a tour, when the tour wasn't there yet). The food in the sushi restaurant was very good. Breakfast in the main restaurant was average (some days better than other).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos