My husband and I visited Nayara for the first part of our 10-day stay in Costa Rica. We were drawn to the area because of the Arenal Volcano, which the resort promised amazing views of - and delivered on.
As we arrived on the day of our second anniversary, the hotel made special arrangements to decorate our bed with a nice welcome. We also received champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, and later in the week the dining staff dropped off a lovely decorated cake in celebration of our milestone.
The room was great, complete with a canopy bed and outdoor shower. The porch had a two-person hammock and spa tub - very romantic. The view from our room was stunning. Most days the clouds parted and we could see the Arenal Volcano as clear as day. We also had the pleasure of having a dead-on view of a macaw, who perched above the pond each morning greeting us as we got ready for our daily excursions. It was one of the best rooms we've stayed in during our travels. The only complaint was that the bed was a little stiff, but I suspect this is a Costa Rican thing as the other resort we stayed at (also 5-Star) had a stiff bed as well.
The hotel grounds are lovely. The pond is particularly nice, although there is nowhere to sit and enjoy the view aside from the cobblestone path. The pool was small, but nicely decorated and the drinks/food was great. Here and there you can find hidden areas with hot tubs on the property to enjoy a romantic evening. The landscaping was gorgeous as well.
We payed a visit to the hotel spa and received a couples chocolate massage. It was a great massage and the girls were very professional, but let me warn you… these massages are not for the body conscious. Costa Rican massage therapists go all out, so let them know if you don't feel comfortable with them massaging a certain part of your body beforehand.
The food at Nayara was great and there was a large selection. I am a Vegan and there were a few things on the menu that I could order without having to alter. That being said, the staff is willing to accommodate any dietary requests. I highly recommend the guacamole that is made to your liking right at your table. We ordered it every night.
The hotel took care of planning all of our excursions for us, which was nice. We took a tour of the Rio Celeste, which is a gorgeous teal blue river and waterfall hike through a national park. We also took a volcano base tour with views of Lake Arenal, a half-day waterfall repelling tour (so much fun!), and a half-day at Tabcon Hot Springs (a must!). All of the tour guides are from a local company and very professional. We actually had the same wonderful guy a few times during our stay.
I would recommend Nayara as a wonderful place to stay in the Arenal region… quite possibly the best place to stay. One of the reasons we chose this resort was based on it's TripAdvisor reviews and it didn't disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos