My wife and I chose this hotel after extensive research. We were gratified to find we had indeed chosen the best stay in the area -- (only one other hotel/resort in Arenal/Fortuna is comparable, but for that one you basically need a sherpa to get in and out of). Most wonderful about Nayara is the sense of seclusion and privacy everywhere and at all times; the villas and casitas are surrounded by dense, bird-filled foliage so that whether in your private jacuzzi or patio shower, you feel as if you're alone in the jungle, with the volcano to yourself.
The staff here is extraordinary. They are instantly your friend, and their friendliness is genuine. We wanted for nothing but they went beyond that without intruding upon our privacy.
Jairo the director greeted us at the free wine cocktail hour and answered many of our questions that night (all are invited, and yet it is still a romantic affair).
The facilities are ultra-modern and stylish and yet everything is construction with regional wood and in a fashion that lacks no coziness.
A resort in Arenal is also not the first place (as a picky foodie) that I would expect to find a world-class chef, expert sommelier and utterly memorable meal, and yet the wine pairing we had on a porch amid the rainforest listening to thunder was just that. The food was delectable.
It was my wife's birthday and the staff made sure -- with chocolate covered strawberries and cakes and roses -- to make her feel special, and yet there was again, no intrusion.
The spa features (massages, facials, etc) are all top notch as are the travel guides.
Location: Nayara is as convenient as anything else (save for The Springs) to all that Fortuna and Arenal have to offer. Don't hesitate to ask the staff for anything or any advice on day trips (Nayara offers all kinds of programed trips and tours, which are great, but I recommend going off the beaten path a bit and making the area your own!)
CELEB TIP: I work in Hollywood and would recommend this place to any celebrities looking for seclusion with all the accoutrements of a fine resort/spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos