“Greatest resort I have ever been to”

Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
GreenLeadersGold level
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
“Greatest resort I have ever been to”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place and every single employee. I wish I could give it another star. They thought of everything and I can't wait to go back. The warmest most welcoming check in I have ever experienced. They treat you like royalty. Welcome cocktail? Yes please! Ride up to your room and a little tour on the way. I've never been so eager to tip than I was with this awesome staff. Our room was breathtaking. I was on a honeymoon as soon as we walked through our door. The minibar is affordable which is unheard of. There are umbrellas at your door and everywhere else just in case it rains. The robes and slippers were actually luxurious. You could stay in your room the entire time and not want to ever leave. The included buffet breakfast excellent every morning. I had food at the wetbar once and that also was incredibly good. The staff gave us ponchos for free and bags with hotel towels when we told them we were going to the waterfall. At checkout they give you water bottles for your ride and I asked if I could buy an umbrella and they gave it to me for free. I love this place. I can't wait to go back. Please spend no less than 3 full days here. And tell everyone I said hello! Oh and look for their photographer Andrés and have him take photos of you which he then emails.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Monica M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four days celebrating our anniversary. The hotel staff went out of their way to make sure this was a memorable experience for us. Our first night at dinner they brought us an anniversary cake. This was a large cake that we were able to take back to our room and enjoy for the next three nights!

We stayed in the Nayara suite. The rooms are amazing!! Very romantic!! We loved our stay here and would highly recommend. The only complaint I would have is that it is nearly impossible to sleep in because the birds were up chirping at the crack of dawn. I love nature and tropical birds but it was pretty loud. Other than that it was absolutely amazing!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just returned from a trip to Costa Rica, and spent 4 days at Nayara. The landscaped grounds are magnificent. Each accommodation is a free standing Casita. The balcony looks towards the Arenal Volcana and had a hot tub and chairs. The front has a private patio with an outdoor shower. The extensive grounds have both a fish pond, and private outdoor Jacuzzis as well as pool areas.

We ate breakfast and dinner at the resort, not having a car. The food is excellent at both of the restaurants (the one at Nayara Springs being slightly more expensive). We utilized the Spa services for an outdoor massage which was excellent. Nayara is distinguished by an excellent, friendly and efficient staff.

We are active seniors, but we estimated a third of the visitors were on their honeymoon. Having stayed at Nayara, it is easy to understand why.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffreylk
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wow, this is one lovely resort. Our room was HUGE, with an indoor shower, an outdoor shower, a large lovely bathroom and bedroom, and a gorgeous deck with a private jacuzzi. The shared pool is lovely, and they have 3 large public yet private feeling jacuzzis that are sheltered by foliage. Perfect spot to hang out with friends. The service at Nayara is crazy good. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Special shout out to fun and outgoing Lindsay, who went above and beyond multiple times to make sure we had enough water and snacks for our killer long hike up Cerro Chato, gifted us coffee since the gift shop was out, and brought us beer when our room key malfunctioned and we had to wait in the lobby. Our housekeeper Alicia was also amazing. We loved her cute towel creations, but when I left a note asking for a couple more of the delicious dulce de leche cookies and chocolates she had brought one night, the next night she left us 7 cookies and a whole bag of chocolate. The included breakfast buffet is huge and delicious and enough to last you through dinner. Only con on our room was its location by the front lobby. If you don't mind listening to the live music from the restaurants until 10 pm, then no problem. If you want more peace and quiet, get a room farther away from the main lobby area. We ate in all three restaurants for dinner and were underwhelmed by the food. Sushi Amor has limited menu and is very average. The main restaurant was very pricey, and we did not feel like we got what we paid for. Same goes for restaurant in the new part, Nayara Springs (Amor Loco). My gnocchi was very good, but my husband's food was so salty it was inedible (even after sending it back to have it remade). The decor of Amor Loco is funky and cool (purple velvet seating, crystal lighting and lots of cool old movie star photos), so it would be a lovely spot to sit poolside for a cocktail. Oh, be sure to make a reservation for dinner if you want a premier spot to sit. Otherwise you are sent to less desirable tables. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, but would go into town for dinner instead of dining at the resort.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 20s are closer to the lobby and have a great view, but are susceptible to live music no...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank texfoodmom
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

we went on our honeymoon and it was a taste of paradise. I couldn't say a bad word. Pool, spa, staff, restaurant, room was all amazing. I can't wait to go back and try their new suites. We stayed in one of the suites and would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank magalificus
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were really happy with the service at this hotel. The golf buggy ride to our room was fun! The room was spacious and clean, with a fabulous jacuzzi on the balcony which is great fun if you have a thunderstorm...the views are amazing.

The only small improvement would be the food. The restaurants seem to focus on big portions, rather than having a more gourmet feel to the dishes. I would prefer to have less/but more tasty opposed to lots/less tasty.

The hanging bridges tour was amazing....

Recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jairo Q, Manager at Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Nayara. I was disheartened to learn that our food did not meet your expectations. We are taking actions with the entire culinary team to ensure that all our cuisine is of the highest standards, and we will take into consideration your feedback on the size of our portions.

I hope this did not spoil your entire experience at Nayara, and we hope to have the chance to serve you in the future.

Jairo Quesada
Director of Services, Nayara Hotels.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoyed Nayara immensely, with only one complaint. Ours was a family stay with three generations and despite the fact that Nayara is small, every one had fun. We stayed two nights and spent part of each day exploring the rainforest, Arenal National Park and the nearby Sky-Tram zipline facilities. Staff, food quality at the main restaurant and spa were all first-quality.

Our only disappointment was the upscale restaurant, which requires reservations. The naturally serene ambiance was marred by a musician's offerings that made conversation difficult, and the staff was not well trained. Our appetizers arrived before aperitifs did and the main course was on the table as soon as we put our salad forks down, something the servers did not seem to notice. Worse, the food was not on a par with the less expensive main restaurant.

Save this one exception, our stay was very pleasant and our impression highly positive!

Room Tip: We stayed in the family part of the hotel and enjoyed rooms 18, 19 and 20. The staff was very helpfu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
The Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 65 in Arenal Volcano National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,331 reviews
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#7 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
#11 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,344 reviews

Been to Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!