We stayed with another family, for 3 nights in early July. We were 3 adults with 5 children ages 9-14. We had some anxiety regarding staying at what would be considered a honeymoon destination with children but our concerns were quickly put to rest. As most people have already stated in their reviews, this is a beautiful, paradise like setting. The rooms were extremely comfortable, with ample space and a general feel of relaxed luxury. The opening of the adjacent sister property, Nayara Springs, allows for an adult only setting for those travelers who would like to limit interactions with children (it definitely changes the ambience!). For us, the staff uniformly were extremely friendly and welcoming. We saw quite a few families and children. The pool is small but the children were fascinated by the swim up bar and the lounge chairs. They spent time listening to the birds and watching the butterflies. We also took advantage of the surrounding activities which then did not leave much time to swim on property. The food was excellent and all of our party enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The baked goods were warm and tasty. The typical Costa Rican fare was delicious, convincing the picky eaters in our group that there was plenty to enjoy. The adults were able to break away to enjoy drinks at the sushi restaurant and during happy hour (a nice bonus) and experience the lovely setting without our children. We stayed in rooms 22 and 23 which were well located in proximity to the pool, lobby, restaurant. They remained very private and quiet. We unanimously agreed that this was our favorite location to stay on our trip (we stayed in 3 other hotels/resorts during our trip to Costa Rica) and we would come back on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos