Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$165
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$129
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$136
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$252
US$227
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$296
US$140
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$209
US$156
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rancho Cerro Azul(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$62
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$186
US$176
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$848
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$338
TripAdvisor
3,547 results
All reviewswine baroutdoor showerour honeymooncasita deluxesushi restaurantcosta ricaarenal volcanoamor locoaltamira restaurantgranola barsprivate deckmain restaurantgolf cartwine pairing dinnerswim up barzip liningguacamole
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This certainly lives up to the billing of being one of the most romantic hotels on the planet. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and thoughtful. We particularly enjoyed the jacuzzi and inside and outside showers. There are a variety of restaurants to go at on the complex, we enjoyed the sushi option in the evening and would recommend taking the a la carte breakfast at Coco Loco. The tapas wine bar is a real treat, if you like wine you will like their whizzy tasting machine!

We had one day that was 'rained out' but we happily explored the swimming pools, sauna, steam room (actually that did not work!), and rainforest jacuzzi.

The staff are exceptionally friendly. I would recommend exploring some of the local dining options such as El Novillo (5min drive towards Arenal National Park).

Overall a top quality hotel and first rate service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

this was our first stop in our CR trip, and as honeymooners-this hotel was outstanding. The service (the maid put decorations out every single day on the bed), the volcano views from the patio, the jacuzzi-tub in the patio, outdoor showers, and the beauty is fabulous. The food was good too at their restaurants on property- breakfast and dinner. We also saw macaus come for breakfast :) it's a gorgeous property. Def worth the price. Would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: volcano Views are great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amruta G
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't already been said with the other 1900 plus reviewers? We decided to get married here after seeing what Nayara had to offer. I must have looked at their website 2-3 times a day for six months straight. I thought I had set my expectations so insanely high that the real thing would not live up to it. I was wrong. It is better. And NOT to be missed! We were picked up by a very friendly man named Diego. He made our 3 hour journey to Nayara a lovely one.We took advantage of the complementary yoga the next morning. Highly recommend! Get there 10-15 min early as it fills up quick. Our couples hot stone massage in our own private bungalow was blissful. You could hear the birds and see the rainforest in front of you. Our wedding was intimate and beautiful. The turn down service that night was incredible. Roses everywhere that lead to our outdoor jacuzzi filled with roses and bubbles, and chocolate covered strawberries. Our time spent here can only be described as magical. A personal thank you to Lindsay, Deybis, Joselyn, Jesenia, Alvaro, and our return driver Armando and his lovely wife for showing me the sloths. There's so many more but I forget! We will return one day!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krista C
Reviewed 21 August 2014

From arrival to departure this hotel knows the meaning of customer service. Spent 3 nights in August at this paradise of an hotel. Had 2 suites and they were absolutely gorgeous and spacious and my most concern CLEAN!!! The grounds were well kept at all times, the staff was very attentive at all times.

Now as much as I loved the property, the rooms and great staff. Had it not been for our planned activities the place would have been a bit boring. Don't get me wrong its great for relaxing and its cute, and all...but if my stay would have went passed 3 days I would have gotten bored. Of course no fault of the hotel...Just reminds me of a luxury prison..(as 1 other reviewer mentioned- and I agree) Meaning once you are at the hotel, you can't walk to the nearby town(too far), no walk-to restaurants, no nightlife.. Yea there are restaurants on site but by the 3rd day we were tired of it.

In my opinion not a good spot for the small kiddos. More of a romantic, couple type property. They have 2 pools and the main pool has bar/cocktail tables in the pool so this does not offer ample swimming space or play space. The other pool is a lap pool...not much fun there.

But overall I loved this property for a few days and the rooms again were just so beautiful oh and the balcony: Hammock, table/chairs, rocking chairs, hot tub & Outdoor shower nice!!!

Room Tip: request a suite that faces the Volcano
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was the second stop on our honeymoon. We stayed here two nights and really wished we had been here longer. The rooms are incredible and had it not rained most of the time we would have likely see the volcano. The service/staff were great and very attentive to our needs. The staff seemed pretty focused on getting us to practice our spanish. This kind of went back and forth from fun to cheesy throughout our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple