My sister and I stayed at the Arenal Nayara for 3 nights in mid-November – and we could not possibly have enjoyed our time there more!!! First the ride there - we flew in to Liberia and took a shuttle to the hotel using Anywhere Costa Rica. It was inconvenient that all shuttles leave from the center of Liberia rather than the airport (cost us an additional $15 in a taxi to get to the Best Western meeting spot) – but the shuttle driver was great. He spoke no English, but still found ways to communicate – and he surprised us twice by pulling to the side of the road to show us wildlife (including an adorable mama sloth and baby). The trip itself was torturous, especially for my sister who could have seriously used Dramamine – but there doesn’t seem to be a cheaper way to get to Arenal from Liberia ($58 for two people).
Upon arriving at the hotel we were very impressed with how gorgeous it was. We were greeted and pampered on arrival (fruit juice and cool scented towels at reception). Since this was a sisters’ vacation rather than a romantic trip, we had reserved a regular (non-suite) room with two double beds. We were somewhat concerned when checking in when were told there was a “situation” with our room – specifically that the only regular room they had left had a single queen bed. I love my sister, but I didn’t want to sleep with her – and without any fuss at all, they bumped us up to an incredible suite! And we couldn’t have been happier. The room was absolutely fabulous, as nearly all of the reviewers mention. We were in bungalow #2, near the pool – and unlike some of the other reviewers, we were never bothered by noise from the pool. We loved the Jacuzzi, the sound of the rain at night, and the spaciousness of the room. We would have liked more than one comfy chair on the balcony, but other than that the room was pretty perfect.
Some of the reviewers comment unfavorably on the food – but our experience very good. The breakfast was average, although sufficient in quantity – but all of our other meals were very enjoyable. And, as was the case throughout the hotel, the restaurant staff was excellent.
My sister is not really an adventurous type, so we chose a more relaxing excursion (the river float safari) which we enjoyed very much. Our guide, Roberto, was fantastic and we saw virtually all of the animals we had hoped to see. In retrospect, my sister now wishes we had done a zip line trip – doesn’t that figure?
Aside from my sister and me, we were virtually the only non-couple staying at the resort. It isn’t a place for children, but you definitely do not have to be a couple to enjoy the Arenal Nayara. We absolutely loved it, and wished we had extended our time there. We hope to return to the hotel in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos