“A highlight of our trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pure Trek - Tours

Pure Trek - Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Since 2001, Pure Trek Canyoning has been leading this new multi-sport adventure tour Canyoning by rappelling down waterfalls and hiking on beautiful trails in this spectacular rain forest slot canyon located right under the active Arenal Volcano in the town of La Fortuna. At Pure Trek we believe in focusing on one thing and doing it the best...Canyoning... that will rock your socks off!!! Family friendly...and adventurists too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Concord, California
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My eleven year old daughter and I decided we were going to abandon the rest of our family to do this amazing trip. (The younger kids were afraid, and my husband got to scuba dive without us so he made it up to me by watching the littles.) It was wonderful! Out of our 2.5 active weeks in Costa Rica, this was our favorite activity. My daughter very quickly got over her nerves and was only scared before the first waterfall. Despite the first rappel being the tallest, the last rappel was our favorite, as we got wetter and had the confidence to rappel faster by then. There is a little bit of waiting for the others between rappels, but the longest wait was after the first rappel, and really, the wait allows you to spend *more* time in a beautiful rainforest slot canyon that few people get to experience. We paid for the photos and they are great. Lunch was good also. We did the morning tour and that was a good call for us. My daughter and I can't wait to go back in a few years and show the rest of the family how incredible this is!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Waterfall rappelling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was such a great experience and everyone is so welcoming!! They teach you the safety rules of how to properly rappel off of waterfalls. It's so fun and I am glad we decided to do it!!

Agoura Hills, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“HOLY #$%@!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wow! Picture falling off a cliff - backwards!! Once you realize when they tell you to sit back, you do not fall but actually sit in mid air, your heart resumes beating! Then you are jumping down these waterfalls and it is awesome!This was just so much fun, totally scary at first, but then completely exhilarating! My kids (13 & 15) did not have this same "scared" feeling. They just thought is was the greatest thing ever! It got the heart pumping, for sure, but I am thrilled I did it!

San Antonio, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“WOW! What a rush!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent two days in La Fortuna, Costa Rica and took the Canyoning Tour with Pure Trek. We rappelled down a 165 ft. waterfall! What a rush!! The guides made it very easy and my two kids, ages 14 and 10, had a blast! It was so beautiful and truly a once in a lifetime experience!!

Joliet, IL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Canyoning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Costa Rica for a study abroad and we went to Arenal for one weekend. We did the Canyoning tour with Pure Trek and they were fantastic. We rappelled down 4 waterfalls (one was 165 feet tall!) and had such a blast. The guides were all great - very funny too. The photographer did a fantastic job getting LOTS of pictures of everyone too. A CD with ALL the pictures of every single person plus some stock photos was only $30. Very reasonable.

Would definitely tour with them again if I come back.