Villa Calas(Poas Volcano National Park)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$85
US$72
Poas Paradise(Poasito)
US$96
Altura Hotel(Poas Volcano National Park)
US$170
US$150
1915 Hotel(Alajuela)
US$66
US$134
US$127
US$111
Poas Lodge and Restaurant(Poas Volcano National Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclose to the airportthe ownercosta ricanice gardentoastrental carsmall restauranthot showertaxi drivergreat place to stayaffordable priceper nightpoas volcanomarccerealcountrytaxis
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I don't write many reviews for tripadvisor, but for this place I need to take the time. We went on a 10 day trip to Costa Rica and stayed in many nice places, but this was the best establishment we stayed at in the country. Villa Pacande is only a mile or so from downtown Alajuela, so it is quiet while being very close to town. We stayed for a night before our trip home and had no idea what to do in town, so Marco (on the staff) gave us some fantastic recommendations for restaurants in the city, and even offered to give us a ride when we realized he was heading in the same direction.

I can't guarantee you free rides if you stay there, but I can promise you that the staff of this place takes hospitality VERY seriously. This sentiment was deepened when we also realized that we had to leave so early in the morning that we would miss the complementary continental breakfast. Instead of saying "too bad," they packed it up for us at 6am, and sent us off to the airport with some light sandwiches and delicious fruit!

The rooms were cozy and clean, and gave us a nice restful night before our trip home. I felt extremely comfortable and happy with the space we were in. The affordable price also really makes this place second to none.

In the end, there are many nice places to stay in Costa Rica. I have visited the country several times and have stayed in many cities. I can say without hesitation, that this was the most welcoming, warmest, and friendliest place I have stayed in Costa Rica. If you have any reason to be in Alajuela (such as having an early flight the next morning), you should definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew W
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Amazing place!!!!!!! Breakfast included and its close to the airport.
The room has everything we need. I loved it!!! very friendly and cheap. All I need for my vacation. Can't wait to visit again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Stayed at Villa Pacande one night just after arriving from the airport. We just needed a cheap place to stay before heading to La Fortuna. Upon arriving we were asked to pay for the room upfront in cash which wasn't a big deal. There were two rooms left and they let us choose which room we wanted. The property was small and only had about 6-7 rooms but it was a very cute property with a nice garden, sitting area and bar playing music. The room we stayed in was very spacious. It was only my boyfriend and I but there was two extra bunk beds in the room. The room however was very dirty. Lots of dust and bugs on the ceiling and on the floor. There were also a few bugs in the shower and the drain didn't seem to be working well so I showered in my slippers.

For dinner we went to the bar and the guy working at the hotel made us dinner. Curry rice, which we shared for about $8 USD. He was very friendly and chatted with us while he prepared our dinner. It was actually quite delicious! Breakfast was also included with our stay consisting of toast, fruits and cereal.

All in all it was a pleasant stay. If you are looking for a a cheap place to stay and don't mind the rooms being a bit dirty then this is definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodBlogette
Reviewed 14 April 2016

I stayed at Villa Pacande several times. The B&B is ran by a Spanish family, really nice and friendly. The rooms were always great, for a reasonable price. Marc the manager was super helpful, always making sure our stay was fine. Located in a quiet and safe area in the outskirts of Alajuela, outside the busy and hot downtown were you can enjoy the cool breeze with a cocktail or some mediterranean deliciousness. I would definitely recommend this little hideaway.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _MichaelDomC
Reviewed 12 April 2016

This place sufficed for an overnight stay after arriving to SJO around midnight. I was too tired to fuss too much about the tiny room w/ 1 bed instead of 2. The older fellow was grumpier than me. The young guy was nice, offered an extra room and was pleasant to talk to in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends