All reviewsclose to the airportthe ownercosta ricatoastrental carhot showergreat place to staytaxi driveraffordable priceper nightpoas volcanomarccountrytaxisfarms
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Would definitely recommend this place! Brokered a very good rental car for us, gave excellent tips for travel and arranged hotel stays at other locations. And that for only 20 dollars per night! Great Breakfast and lovely hotel cat!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fleur W
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The room felt uncleaned.

The ensuite bathroom smelt of stale urine and the cold shower dripped loudly all night.

Close to the airport. Breakfast included was okay. Very cheap for Costa Rica but have stayed in much better places for this price elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The place is conveniently located from the SJO Airport and reasonably priced, but that is all.

Room had moldy smell, was dark, only one tiny bed table to place your things (no shelf/storage/hanging space whatsoever) floors not clean, sheets did not feel clean, bathroom smelly and not clean, shower was leaking (always annoying sound of dripping water), cold water only, quite a few bugs and ants everywhere.

On-site restaurant not so great. I stayed for 2 nights but took the breakfast just once, because everything was so filthy and sticky (cutlery, cups, plates, butter and jam holders...). Plus coffee was lousy (shockingly due to so many coffee farms around). I had dinner once on my arrival evening and did not like it, cost was 5,000 col.

Not the best entry to Costa Rica. But was the worst of all accommodations during my 3-week stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
marc19903, Manager at Villa Pacande Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Hi Moni,

My name is Rodrigo Alfaro, I am the manager on duty at Villa Pacande, first of all we really appreciate your feedback, for sure we need to improve our service, food, rooms, etc day by day.

I would like to have the opportunity to hosting you again in order to give you our best, do not hesitate to contact me if you are still in Costa Rica it will be a honor having you in our hotel again, my email address is info@villapacande.com

Kind regards,
Rodrigo Alfaro

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We chose to stay here due to its close proximity to the airport and affordable price. The room was clean but not luxurious. We checked in late and our host was incredibly friendly and accomodating! Breakfast was included. The taxi ride cost us 6000 colones one way, and 12000 the other...not sure about that... I recommend an orange airport taxi. We couldn't figure out how to use the hot water in the shower, no towels or soap was provided. If you're looking for economical accomodations, stay, but if you need a hot shower and no bugs, not recommended. Interesting experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the windows to be closed before you get there
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsey R
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We chose to stay here as it was near the airport , for both our arrival and the night before we left CR. It was perfect for our needs and the staff were brilliant. The gardens are amazing with wildlife visiting all the time, and the staff are lovely people - so helpful, and recommended a great tour and booked us onto it, booked all our taxis to and from airport.. made our stay really easy and hassle free.. communication before we went was great too. This is a budget hotel, but totally perfect for a stop over on the way to somewhere else ... Its really chilled as its slightly out of the town centre and has the gardens surrounding it.. I can definitely recommend booking on the combo tour to see Poas volcano, Doka coffee, and LaPaz waterfall gardens if you stay here.. stay a whole day and night and get picked up here by the tour company-- its so close you may aswell fit that into your trip while you are in the area, and the tour is excellent. Muchas gracias to Marc and staff for looking after us at Villa Pacande!!! Nikki and Jaz , Manchester UK

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family