“Simple & nice”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Orosi
Prague, Czech Republic
“Simple & nice”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Nice and simple accommodation. Owner (lady) is very kind and helpful. Orosi is the calm place with friendly people and many places to see around. Hotel is perfect value for money! We would go for it again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I just spent 4 nights here while taking day trips all over the area.I loved every bit of it! The staff member helped me plan my day trips. Rooms were just painted and very clean. Plenty of parking for cars and safe.
Such a beautiful area!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This hotel could be excellent if more care was taken of the rooms. They are not well cleaned, and the owner seems to have little interest in the hotel itself, leaving the running of it to foreign 'volunteers', who also seem to be refurbishing the restaurant. My door key did not work and I was trapped inside the room for ten minutes. Nothing was done about this and I had to pile plant pots round the door to keep it shut at night after this. The upstairs rooms are large with a good view, and it could be a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are brighter with good views.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
kath_arias, Manager at Hotel Reventazon, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Costumer,
this comment has being an eye opener, I have realize that my business plan wasn't the adequate since I'm supplying a place for the traveler to spend their vacation, as the new manager I took on the challege of making out of this hotel the best place to stay in Orosi, right now we are remodeling some of the rooms and getting the rooms really clean and organized.
Thanks for helping me out by giving the proper feedback
As, Belgium
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed 1 night in this place. The rooms are big but looked like they hadn't been used nor cleaned in months; layer of dust on everything (under the beds it was very dirty with not only dust but all kinds of rubbish). Toilet didn't flush very well. You can park your car in front of the hotel what is convenient. We saw the owner(?) just for 1 minute so can't say if she's helpful or not.
We found the place hard to find. If you go there ask for restaurant Reventazon instead of hotel. The locals don't know it's a hotel. If you see National Bank on your left take the first street on your right. It's about 25 meters further.

Room Tip: We are a family of 3 so had to choose another room, but the room upstairs on the left looked like th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed here for about a week in 2011, it was absolutely a fine accommodation. There was a young man that was caretaking the hotel and he was super helpful. The only downside was that the restaurant at the hotel was closed and we were there in the low season and so it was hard sometimes to get breakfast on the weekend. I had my daughter with me and the neighborhood kids were soooo nice to her and she played with them everyday.

Room Tip: all the rooms where fine from my point of view. On the second floor you get a view of the volcano.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2012

When I first arrived in the country, a traveller recommended Orosi as 'how you imagine Costa Rica to be'. It's certainly true - the Orosi Valley is a beautiful place to visit, surrounded by rainforest covered mountains, and with a view of the volcanos Irazu and Turrialba, there are also many activities such as rafting, hiking, visiting national parks, coffee tours and local artists, even though it's not a ' touristy ' place. Hotel Reventazon was the perfect place to stay and enjoy the area. It's a small, friendly hotel with large comfortable rooms, all with hot water bathrooms, a real treat! I miss the gorgeous mountain views and the chilled ambience of the place.

The staff and owner are very knowledgable about the local area and can recommend all sorts of activities in the local area, enough to fill an entire holiday. I intended to stay for just a week but ended up staying a lot longer. I have heard that this happens with lot of people and I can understand why, it's a real paradise! There are all sorts of art and volunteer projects to get involved in for longer stay travellers. It would also make a good weekend trip from San Jose as the roads here are very good and it takes just over an hour by car from the capital..

The hotel is located in the centre of town which is very convenient, with a supermarket, fruit stall and bus stop just across the road. Apparently there are also plans to open a hostel and restaurant which I'm sure will be great too. I can't wait to go back there!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have a fantasti view of the volcanos.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Flaneuress
Nottingham
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We arrived at this placed after the response from the owner to the terrible review in Trip Advisor. We arrived to a warm welcome from Keiko, the front of house 'manager' who promptly showed us the choice of rooms and then made us coffee. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The toilet was however broken so we moved to another room which was the equal of the previous room but had a better view, fridge and T.V (which we didn't use). Keiko looked after us so well for the whole trip with answers to questions or coffee whenever it was requested, and sometimes when it wasn't. Frank organised a trip for us to a local Organic Coffee Farm which was very interesting. Overall, we felt well looked after, comfortable and throughly enjoyed our stay at this Hotel and in Orosi. (Los Nido on the main street is good and cheap for food and is very friendly)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CylonKing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orosi
Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort
#4 of 5 in Cartago
Hotel Guayabo Lodge
Hotel Guayabo Lodge
#2 of 12 in Turrialba

Been to Hotel Reventazon? Share your experiences!