“Birding Guanacaste province”

London, On
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Birding Guanacaste province”
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I'm a seasoned birder who has travelled extensively throughout the world and wanted to find a top-notch bird guide to get me some Guanacaste specialties. I found Carlos Jimenez from Eco-Explorers. His birding and communication skills were just what I needed. He found all of my " wish list" birds plus a few more that I didn't expect. He conveniently picked me up and dropped me of at my hotel, the Allegro Papagayo. I would recommend him to all who wish to experience some great birding in a beautiful and unique part of Costa Rica. Great job Carlos !!!!!!!

10 Thank worldbirderLondon_On

brooklyn,
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I promise you'll be glad you found Carlos”
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Our group of 8 people travelled for 2 weeks in Costa Rica. We hired Carlos as a one day guide from Playa Hermosa visiting Santa Rosa NP and other local attractions. We has terrific. Very knowlegdeable and persoanble with lots of charisma. I could not recommend him more highly.

4 Thank zyxnyc
Fonthill, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Recomended Birding Guide”
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Carlos was recommended to us by Richard Garrigues (author of the Birds of Costa Rica book) in January 2010. Four of us went to Santa Rosa NP, Rincon de la Vieja NP, and a private trail near Quebrada Grande in the rainforest with Carlos. He was able to call in birds, and was very knowledgable . Speaks very good English. We saw a Tody Mot Mot, and the count was about 122 species in 2 days, some of which are uncommon such as the Three-lined Thickknee. Carlos is both professional and personable, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Great equipment such as his leather-seated van, sound equipment, and also indispensible local knowledge. He certainly knows his stuff!

4 Thank deldridge4
Oswego, IL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The BEST by Far!”
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We traveled with our family of six, ranging from age 15 to 60. My husband wanted to zipline on his 60th birthday. Not only did Carlos of Eco Explorers buy him a cake on his birthday, but he also ziplined with us! He treated us like we were his family. He took us to places that were hidden gems, known only by the locals. He went above & beyond in every respect. The Costa Rican people are the friendliest, and most genuine people we have ever met. Carlos made our vacation the BEST vacation we ever had, and we have traveled all over the world. Please don't miss visiting the Llanos de Cortez waterfall, and also the Tizate Wellness Spa. The Congo Trail was awesome also! But Carlos was the reason we enjoyed our vacation as much as we did. Please contact him if you go!

1 Thank Costa_Rican_Gem
NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You cannot go wrong with Carlos.”
Reviewed 9 July 2009

We booked two trips with Carlos of Eco Explorers and couldn’t be happier. Before we even departed for Costa Rica, Carlos’ communication was thorough, timely and friendly. He came to our hotel on the first night to go over all the trip options with our group, was incredibly patient and knowledgeable and had the best prices around.

We booked a private tour to Arenal Volcano and hot springs, as well as an Adventure Tour where we tubed, zip lined and rode horses through the rain forest. Both trips included food and beverages which were fantastic.

I’ve never had the pleasure of touring with a more knowledgeable guide. We enjoyed spending our 2 days with him; he was nice enough to be our Photographer for both days and took some of the best shots of the trip! I would book with him again in an instant.

3 Thank JSh4566