“Worst Marina”

Pacific travel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Worst Marina”
Reviewed 2 May 2010

If you go to Marina Papagayo, your first thought will probably be "why are there no boats here". The reason is that the management of the marina is the worst I have ever experienced. We left the marina hating everything about it. They only cared about their own fishing fleet and the megayatchs that must stop there for customs and fuel. We were treated very poorly from the moment we arrived at Marina Papagayo. Their customs rep botched our immigration visa so we got 1 month instead of the normal 3 months. I latter was told that they had done this to force us to sign a year lease and process another permit that gave control of our ability to stay in Costa Rica to the Marina. I have an older boat and was constantly harassed and finally left after I falsely accused of using the boat for commercial purposes and threatened with having my boat confiscated. I was warned before I when to Costa Rica that the country is not boater friendly. This is true and especially so if you go to Marina Papagayo.

11 Thank hercules4