“Great lunch and amazing view”
Review of Cafe y Macadamia

Cafe y Macadamia
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant on the way to Arenal. The view is beautiful, the service was great! We had a "house pizza" which is a thin crust pizza and it was one of the best pizza I've had. A wonderful break from the long ride.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

What a pleasant treat! Gorgeous inside. Food was absolutely amazing and beautifully laid out. Unique setting with a great gift shop within the restaurant. One plate of food could keep you full and happy all day.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

This is pricey even for America's prices....wow. The chocolate cookies were very good but at $4 a piece they should be !! I had a pizza which was ok and hubby had the curry which he said was good but different so we had a lunch each a drink and 2 cookies and it was $50......to us thats expensive. Service was slow too and then they forgot stuff on my pizza.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped here on our way from Arenal Volcano to Guanacaste. Signs along the road gave it great reviews. Food lived up to the hype. My son had the fetuchini alfredo, and he loved it. Good quantity and fresh. Unfortunately the rest of our food took 20 minutes to get to us. We think the ladies in the kitchen messed up and forgot us. After asking a few times, we finally got the rest of the family's food. My wife had the plato tico con tilapia, which was hardy and delicious... made sexy with an egg! I had the Cubano, on artisan bread with big chunks of pork, and plantain chips as a side. Very good. We also had the mango smoothie and fruit mix smoothie, which were super refreshing. Location is nice with the courtyard seating view of Lake Arenal. Only thing that made it so so instead of great was the slow service for our food.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The location is perched on the shore with a great view of Lago Arenal. Outdoor and covered eating area with lots of macademia shells on the floor. The casado was the best I had in CR out of 8-9 places I ordered it. The lime/peppermint frozen refresca was awesome!
Loved the open kitchen where your order was prepared quickly and was delivered piping hot out to your table.