2,675 results
All reviewsclub riohorseback ridingday passsushi barhot springsthe riveranimal sanctuarylas ventanasmonkey slidespring poolsrock climbingarenal volcanocosta ricalee bankssister propertyzip liningvarying temperatures
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This is a spectacular resort. The service was outstanding from everyone that we encountered. Views of Arenal volcano from our room were mesmerizing. Enjoyable to sit on the porch/balcony in a hammock and read or watch the birds. The various pools were fun to experience. The concierge was helpful in choosing day trips. Went to the hanging bridges & waterfall combo. Excellent experience! The breakfast buffet had tons of choices. The dinners were quite good as well. Great atmosphere to sit outdoors and eat.
The only downside of this resort is the road to it. It is not paved and though it is not a long drive it seems like it is as you're dodging potholes. It is a beautiful area none the less. I understand that a paved road is planned for the future. This would be advantageous and we would have left the resort more to go into town if we didn't have to drive that road. This resort never felt crowded. There were times when we were the only ones in the pool! Even the restaurants were paced that you didn't have to wait,etc. Loved seeing and hearing the monkeys!

Room Tip: Try all the pools!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank captaingr
John P, Manager at The Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear guest!

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience! We understand the road was a bugger, but we have great news! We have a fresh, new, paved road!

So were waiting for your next visit! See you soon?

Pura Vida!

John Picart
john@thespringscostarica.com

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My spouse and I booked a tour that involved a 2 hour tour of the Arenal Volcano and a buffet dinner and springs access at the resort of our choice (3 resorts/hot springs experiences to chose from with the tour company with which we booked). I am a researcher and this was not only our first trip to Costa Rica but our first vacation in over 15 years...so I left nothing to chance! I was immediately drawn to The Springs Resort (though not due to the the publicity of the many celebrities that have dawned the establishment)!

I was drawn by the architecture and it's seamless cascade with the nature around it. So we purchased a tour and ended up at the front entrance. It turned out the resort was closed to reservations as it was the owners Birthday party. However the amazing staff immediately met our needs and welcomed us! We explored the amazing hot springs for several hours and had a delectable meal for dinner (it was American Themed", which we were remarkably grateful for (on our 4th day in Costa Rica) LOL!

We went to the bar for a few drinks here and there and were told since it was the owners Birthday Party they could not charge us. Of course we left a tip for every drink as the bar staff were amazing!

Overall, we only spent about 4 hours in this miraculous place. I cannot attest to the rooms or the Club Rio portion of the resort, but I can tell you we plan to save for another 15 years if necessary to go back and experience the full adventure. Thank you to the amazing staff who made us feel so welcome and to the Owner who was so gracias to honor our tour reservation; and Happy Birthday with many to come!

Pura Vida! Teresa

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Teresa H

Dear Teresa!

We are glad you were able to join in on the celebration! And well wait as long as we have to to welcome you back as our guests! Thank you for your positive review!

Pura vida!

John Picart
john@thespringscostarica.com

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Everything about this resort is nothing short of spectacular!
We stayed in a 2 story, 2 master bedroom, each with our own personal view of the Arenal Volcano and the lush tropical rain forest. Each balcony is equipped with hammocks and seating to enjoy the view. The sunrises were the best! We were traveling with my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter and had plenty of personal space to stretch out.
The multitude of hot springs, the architecture of the resort and the beauty of the area speaks for itself!
The resort has it all! From pampering spa experiences to activities that include tubing, horsebacking riding, kayaking etc...Club Rio has an animal sanctuary that houses exotic animals that have been rescued. You can schedule time with an animal expert that shares knowledge of each animal which you get to experience along with their feeding time.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the sushi swim-up bar while there, each with great, friendly service.
While there our rental car suffered a slow leak on one of the tires which concerned us as we were heading to other places and eventually back to the airport. The valet (I believe Allen) didn't hesitate to take our car and use the facilities air compressor to twice inflate our tire. His service was so appreciated.
Everyone we encountered showed us such wonderful hospitality and graciousness.
It truly is a Pura Vida experience, we wouldn't hesitate to return and would highly recommend The Springs Resort and Spa to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Gay I
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Arenal is so enchanting on its own, but add in the flora and fauna and hot springs and you have a paradise! We stayed in a two story, two master bedroom room with the most amazing view of the volcano. My three year old daughter absolutely loves all of the pools and feeding the animals.

I stopped into the spa looking to have my nail polish changed and they were able to do it right in the spot. The pedicure chair was very comfortable and relaxing and the girl who did the change was so thorough and made my nails look like I had had a full pedicure.

At the swim up bar, my daughter wanted edamame for lunch. Due to the fact that the sushi restaurant doesn't open until dinner, she was disappointed to have to choose something else. Half way through her sandwich and veggies, the bartender arrived with a fresh bowl of edamame! He went out of his way to get her what she really wanted and then didn't even charge us extra for the edamame! That was so sweet and so generous!

All three generations of family in our group had a wonderful experience and would love to return in the future!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Rhill611
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

The Springs Resort was amazing!!! The rooms were large with sweeping volcano views. There many activities that were a short drive away...it was very relaxing to return to the resort and soak in the hot springs after a day of adventure. The food and service at the resort were very good. I would highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family