My husband and I stayed here for two nights - the first stop on our belated honeymoon - the room was huge clean, comfortable and simply decorated (seemingly hard to find in this area!). The bathroom was great and the shower awesome (best on the trip maybe). The room had stunning wooden porch out front from which you could see the lake (and on clear days we understand the volcano too).
The grounds are magic. The garden is stunning and the pool, with it's waterfall was simply amazing. The restaurant served a delicious, included breakfast. We had dinner there one night and can definitely recommend the pizza.
The staff were friendly though only the owner spoke English. We did our best with Spanish but there was definitely a lot lost in translation.
This spot is on the other side of the lake form the volcano - it is realistically a good 1-1.5hr drive to the volcano, and closer to 1.5-2hrs to La Fortuna. Most of the activities are near La Fortuna, but to be honest the drive along the lake is so awesome we were glad we stayed where we did. La Fortuna was very touristy and we were there in the off season.
FYI this is also close to the delicious Equus BBQ joint (literally a 5 minute drive away), and about 30 minutes from the Gingerbread Restaurant.
Highly recommend for those looking for a quiet corner of paradise, away from tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystica Hotel is a tropical paradise with an excellent Italian restaurant, wonderful yoga and meditation classes in a forest sanctuary, a detoxifying infrared sauna, a dipping pool with a waterfall, and tree-top therapies such as massage and Reiki. Mystica is conveniently close to all of the great adventures and water sports that Lake Arenal offers: windsurfing, kayaking and fishing, excursions to Arenal Volcano including canopy tour and hot springs (40 km/25 miles from the hotel) and Tenorio National Park with its world famous Rio Celeste waterfall hike (35 km/22 miles from the hotel). Mystica Hotel is especially designed for travelers who want to relax and/or be in contact with nature. The lodge sits atop a rolling green hill and is surrounded by lush gardens. The rooms don't have TV, WiFi, or phones to support the complete relaxation of our guests, but there is free WiFi in the reception and restaurant area. Mystica's motto, inspiring all who visit, is: 'Live the Magic!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Mystica Lodge & Retreats reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystica Restaurant Lodge And Retreats
- Mystica Restaurant Lodge & Retreats Hotel Arenal Volcano National Park
- Mystica Lodge & Retreats Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park