“Relatively quiet hot springs option”

Eco Termales Hot Springs
Arenal 1968 Park Hiking Tour with Hot Springs
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Relatively quiet hot springs option”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very nice hot springs. They limit attendance so it did not feel crowded. Just driving by, you can get a sense of the difference --- roadside sign and then a short drive through the woods, compared to the mass of tour buses at the other hot springs. Our girls, ages 7 and 10, enjoyed it thoroughly. However, this is not a place for splashing, jumping, etc. There are "five" different pools, but they are all right next to one another and actually are really one long pool. They are actually pretty hot; by the end of the evening, most people were in the coolest of the pools. One criticism: the bartenders are incredibly slow.

1 Thank Daniel G

Fort Collins, Colorado
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Quiet with a Personal Touch”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We had an enjoyable time at Eco Termales, it is locally owned and still maintains a personal touch. No towel deposit or locker fee like Bali Hot Springs. They limit the number of visitors so you know you will have a quality experience. Pools are lined with dark stone and there are lots of trees and flowers adding to the natural surroundings of the rainforest. There is a full service bar near the pools with reasonably priced drinks.
We had dinner served in a pavilion a short pleasant walk from the pools. We choose Tilapia and chicken, both were well prepared. Pitchers of water and juice were on our table and coffee was served with dessert.
I would highly recommend a trip to Eco Termales

Batavia, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Hot Springs and Class-Act Employees (read below on diamond necklace)”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Well, just received in the mail today my diamond necklace that I left at our table when we were eating dinner.....let me explain - First of all, we went to this hot springs because we heard it was less crowded and not "Disney-Land" ish...We arrived at around 6:00 p.m. after hiking around the volcano and waterfalls. It was amazing! There were maybe 4 people in addition to us in each hot spring. We went in the really hot spring, and I even went under the waterfall! Food was okay, but we were going for the hot springs experience. It met our expectation. Now for the diamond necklace - I wear a diamond pendant every day, and it had been having clasp issues for about 6 months. I know, I should have had it fixed....anyhow, while we were eating dinner, I noticed it had come loose. I took it off, and placed it on the table. Then I saw we had internet connection, and it was all over when I started playing with my phone. I forgot the necklace on the table. Did not realize it was gone until the next day. We were heading to Guanacaste that day, so our driver from Pura Vida Tours stopped by at Eco Termales to see if they had the necklace. It wasn't officially open yet, and the dinner people had not started working yet. They said to call back in the afternoon. Our driver called back about 5 hours later, and they had the necklace!! Our driver picked it up later, and then ultimately had it mailed to us back in the United States. It's a great story - I love Costa Rica!! We would definitely go back to this hot springs - we wished we had more time to spend there.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Joni K
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hot, hot springs”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited EcoTermales at the 5-9pm session on a Saturday night after kayaking and mountain biking. We arrived about 5:30, and at the front desk each received a locker key (on an elastic wrist strap). At the same time we chose the time for our dinner reservation and the type of meat at the meal (fish, chicken or beef). We changed and headed to the pools. There are 4 hot pools and one cold pool. The higher you go, the hotter, but it was not easy to tell the temperature difference. The pools are about 3 feet deep with a ledge to sit on around the sides, and each has steps to enter. One pool has a smaller section in the corner where the water is about 5 feet deep. The cold water pool is beside the lowest hot pool, and has a waterfall into it.

We found the water uncomfortably hot, and only stayed in about 45 minutes, moving from pool to pool, before getting out. There were a number of people in each people, but it wasn't too crowded, except the cold water pool, where a number of people lingered (and it was the smallest pool). We were staying at a hotel that had its own hot springs, and it I had it to do over, I would have not gone to this one, but it was part of a package that we purchased.

The meal was average. The beef was not very good, chicken was ok. The rest of the meal was rice, beans, tortillas and salad. They bought a pitcher of water and one of pineapple-passion fruit juice with the meal, and the juice was great.

Overall, if you want to go to a hot springs that isn't too crowded, this is a good choice, though it would have stayed at my hotel's hot springs.

1 Thank Jeff S
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“A hot tub under the tropical skies”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The resort has four pools, with water of varying temperatures. In the hottest pool, it's so warm you can see steam coming off of it. In the coldest, you feel like you're about to be frozen alive. I know all the reviews say it's very exclusive and limits the number of people allowed in at the same time, but we felt it was a bit crowded. A great experience nonetheless.