“Skytram. Amazing Zipline Experience”

Sky Adventures - Arenal Park
Sky Adventures Park: Ziplining and White Water Tubing Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Sky Adventures its an adventure theme park located at Arenal Volcano, near La fortuna. In this park you can do the exiting Sky Trek zip lines, the Sky Tram cable car tour and the trilling Sky Walk hanging bridges, all in one same place offering you souvenir shop, Chill Out restaurant, hotel shuttle service and a hummingbird and orchid garden complementary tour.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Brooklyn, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Skytram. Amazing Zipline Experience”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

While visiting the Arenal and La Fortuna area we were looking for great activities that would be fun for the entire family including our 12 and 16 year old boys. There was some trepidation on the part of my wife and myself, but our oldest son had done it on trip here last year.

We arrived for an 11:30 am session where we were quickly outfitted in Zipline gear, and proceeded to the 10 minute Tram ride up to the first platform. We were quickly and expertly instructed with the mechanics and safety features of the 8 Ziplines we about to embark on. The first two lines are short runs to get you acclimated, and then the FUN really begins!

Our guides, Eric and Jonathan, worked as effective team of instructors and guides, using warmth and humor to keep the group of 11 moving. Our group consisted of three German tourist, a great family from NJ with adolescent boy and young girl, and our family. My oldest son was the only person who had done this before. Our guides even went tandem with the young girl to ensure she was safe and had a great ride.

The subsequent remaining lines provided a thrill of lifetime over amazing views of the Arenal volcano and Lake Arenal. As a divertissement, to keep things light, we were asked to count the number of boats on Lake Arenal as we did the longest and fastest line approaching 50 MPH. We were constantly reminded of the safety tips required to make each run completely without incident. The very last line takes you to home base and there are pictures that you can purchase. I would also add that our guides were fluent in English and even conversant in German.

All of this added up to a thrill of a lifetime and defines what they call Pura Vida in Costa Rica.

1 Thank tvbubbles

Newbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun, though sky limit not for the faint-hearted!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Upon arrival at the centre we found that we were taking a trip to the Sky Limit with only three participants, but that made the trip so much more intimate and special because it was myself and my two sisters. Basically, this trip is like an extreme version of Go Ape, which is in the UK, but it is so much better. The guides were friendly and personable, we were provided with a snack and then lunch, and the scenery was breathtaking. The challenges themselves were the best however. The ziplines provided an exhilarating break from the different an exciting other adventures in the trees. The tour guides obviously know their stuff and the equipment is top-standard stuff. I felt safe at all times and therefore that made my experience even better.

Ps. GoPro recommended

Waterford, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Zipline and Bike Trail”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The ziplining was very fun for the 2 older teenage boys. There were people of all ages enjoying it, from small kids (not sure what the minimum age is) up through elderly. It seems very safe, from both an equipment and supervision standpoint. The bike trail is insane. I swear I saw the word beginner somewhere associated with it, so I figured it would be OK. All I can say is, look for the youtube videos before you do it. Both terrifying and genuinely dangerous. The ziplining gets 5 stars and the biking 4 due to misunderstanding the skill level required.

Gilbert, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worth the money to zipline!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I were in costa rice last week and were able to zipline with our guides Ray and Drexel. I know it seems pricey but its 100% worth it. The experience of flying over a rain forest is something worth experiencing. I am not a fan of heights but Ray and Drexel were wonderful at getting me to laugh and try to comfort me before I would do the next line. I would recommend "Costa Rica Adventures" to anyone and everyone I meet.

Only one issue I had was getting our credit card to work at the check in desk - would recommend just paying in cash, we paid in USD, so much easier.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We just wanted to go up to the tram to look at the volcanos and the view.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We went up to look at the view through the tram but they charged $40 per person just to go look at the view. The tram ride up was pleasant and the guides were very pleasant and friendly however I thought they charged to much just for a simple ride.

Visited July 2014