“Food for specific market”

Blue Dream Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in La Cruz
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Costa Rican, Central American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I dident stay ta the hotel but just have some food. Considering that the place is frequented by young people doing kite surf the food is just.....something to eat and go to sleep.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Clean, close, easy, excellent option & the price is right...need I say more ? Ok, friendly people & the kite instruction is 1st class. Many thanks, Stefan

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I had horrible service and the food was bland and prepared with no love. The service was slow and they messed up my order and I sat there for over an hour waiting on my food. My beer sat empty and I felt like I was an inconvenience to the staff. Over all I was disappointed with my visit. I would never eat there again!! O ya and the food was way over priced.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

First off, I don't eat pasta due to a paleo diet, so I am biased towards not favoring Italian food. I did eat some pasta as that was all they had and was quite hungry after a long day traveling. Food was just ok.
Service was great, as they opened the restaurant for us (they close mid afternoons), and was really appreciative for this. Very friendly too.
If you like Italian food, you will likely like this place.

1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I have been to the blue dream hotel for 4 consecutive years. I am a kiteboarder so I return every year in the windy season (is there a no wind season here? ha ha). This place is amazing, chill out and friendly. When friends ask me where they should stay if they go kiteboarding at Bahia Salinas, I have no doubt. This is the place. Simple but comfortable room with private restroom, if you want to keep the price down (up to 2 persons), beautiful cabinas if you are 2 or more and want something above average.
This is how a kiter day is: wake up at 7am with the sunrise and beautiful view of the bay. Breakfast around 7.30 with all the kiters (it's like a big family). Then hanging out until 9am when the van leaves for the kite beach. You will just have to load your gear and jump on (or walk to the beach if you want to). Kiteboarding all day long and enjoying the sandwich (ordered in the morning at the blue dream restaurant). Enjoy your sunset session and get ready to go back to the hotel. Once back to the hotel, enjoy the sunset from the beautiful terrace, drinking a beer with the other kiters. Take a shower and walk down to the restaurant for dinner. The atmosphere is unique. The food is amazing. And the pizza (wood oven)...wow. Chill out with the other kiters...you will not want to waste time on the computer (wireless service). Finally, so tired after a full day of kiting, you are ready to sleep. Wild life in the area is stunning. You will want to kite to the isla Bolanos in the middle of the bay. Turtles, iguanas, and amazing view from the top (you will need booties). Water around the island is turquoise. The kiteboarding spot: speechless. Always windy (best October through May), flat water and small waves. Your call.
Blue dream hotel: you will love it!