“Good Breakfast”
Review of El Zaguan - CLOSED

El Zaguan
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Costa Rican
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I love having plantains with my meals. I miss that the most about Central America. They are yummy. The breakfast was good, coffee was good.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Very convenient location. Friendly and nice people. Food was great as well. I asked to borrow their phone to call our hotel and they even help me dial the hotel. Thanks.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

The food at El Zaguan does the job. It's not spectacular, but it's not bad either.

It's good for a meal, but I wouldn't be a repeat customer.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Near the main plaza and church in Liberia sits an inviting corner restaurant with a nice long veranda with tables looking on the road. There is no great view other than people/car watching but the atmosphere and the food makes it worth sitting outside.

This was our first day and first time in Costa Rica so it made sense to try out their Costa Rican fare such as Arroz con pollo and a typical traditional dish. Both were very flavorful and in large portions. We added an Imperial beer and a Coke and it was a perfect lunch. Total for two people was about $25 which was reasonable. Plus our waitress was very cheery and willing to explain to Gringos what the food was all about. As I said, a very nice place to eat.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Our favorite restaurant in Liberia closed, so on a lark we tried this. Had the chicken Cordon Bleu-outstanding, they got it crisp, without the cheese melting out-loved this. My wife had the sirloin tips in pepper brandy sauce--they were tender, flavorful and would order again. The best dish we saw, and will go back for is the whole Pargo-red snapper--it was just too much food to tackle at lunch....