“Can't Get Any Better Than This!”

Guanacaste Viajes & Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$140.00*
and up
The Canyon Adventure Combo Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guanacaste Express is a local Family run business, with over 8 years working in the tourism industry in Costa Rica, we offer to our clients personalized trips with a professional service. Our dedication and responsibility made of Guanacaste Viajes a truly option in Costa Rica. We operate in our own fleet of comfortable air-conditioned mini-vans and mini-busses with a capacity of from 1 to up of 28 passengers. Our main office is based just 15 minutes from Liberia International Airport (LIR), and we provide Airport Shuttle and Private Transportation
Ventura, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Can't Get Any Better Than This!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we booked our airport transfer and two excursions through Manuel at Guanacaste Viajes. The great reviews are completely true, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Manuel was extremely prompt and courteous in responding to my emails, and the driver was waiting for us at the airport as promised. The van was clean and comfortable. For our Monteverde excursion, Walter and Santos were our guides. Despite the long drive, we had a wonderful time. Both guide were pleasant, funny, helpful and sincere. We enjoyed their service so much that we requested them specifically for our second excursion. They were just as awesome the second time around. They even made special stops for us when we mentioned that we wanted certain things. For example, my friend mentioned that she wished she could have bananas picked right off the tree and I mentioned that I wanted to see hummingbirds. We were just discussing these things, we didn't ask for them. But after our excursion, Walter and Santos stopped by a charming little shop where we saw hundreds of hummingbirds and my friend got her fresh bananas. I was blown away! But that is just one example of the many ways they went above and beyond--their service was truly amazing. You will not be disappointed if you book through Manual and his team.

Visited July 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Prompt, organized, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

My friend and I used Guanacaste Viajes for airport transportation and were very pleased with the service! Manuel was very quick to respond to my emails when coordinating service before and during our trip. Both of our drivers, Osvaldo & Walter were prompt and very friendly. And during both trips to and from the airport, both drivers took the time to point out sights and give us background on the country and area... They were fantastic!!

We didn't book any excursions with GV unfortunately. Osvaldo & Manuel offered us great deals upon our arrival, but we just weren't ready to make plans at the time. Looking back I wish we had booked our excursions with them, though, as we discovered that their prices were good and we did really enjoy all of the people that we'd met in the company.

Thanks to Manuel, Osvaldo & Walter for helping to make our trip to Guanacaste amazing!

Irving
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“AMAZING Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This company is awesome! When going to Costa Rica, there were multiple transfer companies we looked at and so glad we chose this one! ...responded to early email so quickly with questions! Arrived early yo every pick-up...helped with bags and even did a quick stop at the store for us! Incredible customer service, safe and secure and just true excellence all around! There prices were comparable to all and the service and security they provided was 2nd to none :-)!!! From Texas to Costa Rica...you guys are awesome!!!

1 Thank CedesBenz
Naples, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A magical journey.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We booked private airport transfer, our driver was waiting right after we collected our luggage and we were at our hotel in no time!
We were very lucky to have a private trip to Monteverde with the amazing and very funny driver, Walter; and Santos, a very experienced guide that made our trip an experience. With these two, the four hour drive flew by, they could spot a monkey or a toucan in a tree, stop, get us out safely for pictures, and back on our way! Walter's sense of humor transcends the language barrior, and we shared a lot of laughs! I recommend highly requesting these two when you book. All the little extra things they did along the way were unexpected and made you realize how much they enjoy showing their beautiful country. The roads to Monteverde are bumpy for the last 30km or so, but worth it! Especially when you have such a skilled driver. I never
had to worry! While we were ziplining, Santos took some amazing video from the observation deck. I didn't even have to ask him to. I am so grateful for that! These guys really go the extra mile. Tip them!!!!
We got stood up by another tour company to go to Volcan Rincon de la Vieja on our anniversary. With one phone call to Manuel, he saved the day and we were able to spend another beautiful day with our amigos Walter and Santos! I am so glad everything happened the way it did. Santos knowledge of all the plants, animals and birds is amazing! The hike was a bit challenging for me, but I never felt left behind or rushed. Whenever there was a photo opportunity, Santos made sure to take charge and get my husband and I in some very memorable shots. He is excellent with a camera!
We walked to Oropendola Waterfall after our two hour hike, and it was amazing! Without the help of my husband and Santos, I don't know if I could have made it across the river rocks. But with their patience and balance we made it:)totally worth it, truly
beautiful.
I can't come up with one negative. This is a truly professional company, with employees that care about your experience. They made our vacation a magical experience! Thank you Manuel, Santos and Walter!!!!!!

2 Thank AmandaRosebud
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent Transfers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

These people are great! We used them for our round trip transfer from Liberia Airport to Riu Palace. We added people both ways and they were very accommodating. We booked a rafting trip with them as we'll. They are very organized and on time! I'd definitely use them again!

1 Thank Jamiesmith123