“Excellent value and comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hospedaje Casa Vieja

Hospedaje Casa Vieja
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liberia
Hospedaje Casa Vieja
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Excellent value and comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

After considering reviews on Trip Advisor I wanted to choose a hotel in Liberia that would be quiet and good value. I chose Hospedaje Casa Vieja and I'm really glad that I did. For $20 a night I had a room to myself, with a very comfy double bed, private bathroom and cable TV. The staff at the hotel were really friendly and helpful.

The only thing that I can say at the time of writing is that when I arrived in Liberia I didn't realise that the hotel is now at a new venue from the venue advertised on their website and there is still a sign in the centre of town advertising the old venue. The hotel used to be in the centre of town in the historic area near Calle Real but it closed there a year ago and opened up in a brand new purpose built hotel on the edge of town west of Burger King.

I usually like lots of character in a place, but I was finding that the old character buildings in Costa Rica can sometimes be a bit on the noisy side because they have thin wood walls and I really needed a good nights sleep. Hospedaje Casa Vieje is built from bricks and is much quieter as a result! I actually think that the hotel is in a good place - if you ask for a room in the middle of the hotel away from the road it is fine. It only takes 15 mins to walk to the centre of town or it is a cheap taxi ride.

So I cannot recommend Casa Vieje more highly for a clean, comfortable, modern, friendly place to stay that is excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WandererH
Priscila C, Servicio al cliente at Hospedaje Casa Vieja, responded to this review, 17 January 2017
Thanks Wanderer H for your visit, for us it is a pleasure to assist you. We try to give a pleasant experience to our guests and we hope to see you soon in our facilities. :)

Business