Las Espuelas Hotel
US$36
  • Free Internet
Hotel Javy(Liberia)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice breakfastrice and beansgreat poolpalo verdeliberia areacomfortable bedsstayed two nightsthe hotel is cleanchecking inincluded breakfastlate flighthot waterliberia airportclose to the airporthighwayrowsac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on the way out of Costa Rica after our holiday. To be fair this review is going to be biased by a previous hotel stay in San Jose that was so wonderful, this BW was like coming back to reality.

It's an average stay, rooms are older, beds are old, big hard pillows and you just feel like you don't want to put your things on the surfaces - not that it was dirty, it just showed its age. Ok shower but again aged. The best thing going for it is the pool which was great and relaxing. The breakfast was standard fare- eggs, cereal, fruit, gallo pinto, salami, cheese and toast. The reception staff was friendly and efficient.

In terms of location, it's 2km to downtown Liberia along a busy highway so walking especially at night is not the safest option. It cost about 2,000 colones ($4) to go with a taxi to town.The airport cost $20.

Not sure I would return just because I would want something newer and closer to town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Martina S, Front Office Manager at Las Espuelas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Mr.Ciru,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry if your experience was not impeccable.
Our hotel is more than 30years old but we work very hard to keep it efficient; Only 1 month ago we renewed the pool and we're refurnishing all the rooms, we have brand new beds, mattress and sheets, I'm sure for your next stays you will appreciate them!

I sincerely hope to welcome you back
Warm regards

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our family of 5 shared 2 adjoining rooms, and we enjoyed our stay very much. The rooms were spacious and clean, with comfortable beds and air conditioning. The service was very friendly. We loved the beautiful outdoor pool, and the generous free breakfast was perfect for our crew. We appreciated the proximity to Liberia and the cinema in the nearby mall. We will come stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica R

Dear Ms.Erica,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am happy to hear that your stay was perfect and I have already shared your kind words with all the staff.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We came to this hotel with a wedding in progress -- blaring loudspeakers, bad music, so loud all you could hear was thumping in the room. It felt as though you were plopped in the navel of a really bad Latin club. They said that the music would stop at 10 or 10:30 pm (!). They lit super-loud firecrackers (should not have been allowed). I complained at 10:40 (a man Named Noel at the front desk said it would be 10 more minutes). It did not end till 11 pm at night, and only after my threats to write a letter of complaint to Best Western. This was badly managed, and completely unfair to all the other guests as the hotel. The manager didn't bother to come and speak to me afterward. Get this: then they began dismantling the tent (could be heard well after 1 am). Super-stressful beginning to my trip. Far enough away from the airport to be a $20 cab ride, and another $20 cab ride to the rental cars.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank O M

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for writing us about your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I'm sorry to ear that you've been so disappointed from your stay due to the wedding that we host in the gardens, I truly apologize. We're already organizing better next weddings and make them finish no later than 10pm to guarantee a nice rest to our guests; at least you have lived a truly tico experience!
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I enjoyed this hotel for a one night stay on the way to Tegucigalpa. Service was friendly and warm and all questions pertaining to Liberia and the route were handled well. Security is excellent. The rooms are semi-quiet, but still you are able to hear through the walls with ease.

Hotel is clean and comfortable and priced right.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mr.Baird,

Thank you for sharing this review about your recent stay at Hotel Las Espuelas and for your kind comments.We truly wish to welcome you soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is close to Liberia airport, has beautiful grounds and a pool. We stayed 4 nights at this hotel.There are a lot of trees and flowers all around.Free WIFI and excellent internet connection.I had sent an email to the Hotel regarding transportation from the airport.I received a quick response from Maureen. We really appreciated Maureen's assistance and she was the only bilngual person at the Hotel. She provided us tips to different tours, and recommendations on beaches.She was very quick to call various personnel for our day tours, interpreted with the kitchen staff as to our needs.
Maureen, thank you so much!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shobc

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write this nice review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our employee Maureen.

We sincerely hope to see you again soon

Best regards