La Posada del Tope Hotel
Hotel Daysita(Liberia)
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hotel Paraiso Tropical(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Javy(Liberia)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice streetthe busstayed here for two nightsdouble roomthe location is perfectfridgecomonnicaragua
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The place is ok, the staff is friendly, but be sure to ask to see the rooms before you agree to stay. Rooms are not all equal. During the rainy season mosquitos will bother all night if your net has holes or doesn't fit the bed. The mosquitos seemed to like my girlfriend much more than me, though. Most likely you are not staying here long term anyway, and the place is ok to crash for a night. It also a bit of a (hot) walk to the bus stops and terminals, but there are plenty of good, cheap places to eat around the hotel around the central park.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank k c
Reviewed 27 March 2012

After reading the other reviews I was wondering if I got the name of the hotel wrong.

We are really digging this place. Why?
The rooms are decorated with funky, eclectic, antiques turned into useful items such as lamps.
There are interesting pieces located throughout the hotel as well.
There is a nice little courtyard to enjoy.
The bathroom is fine. It has funky things in it as well.

The front desk guy is very helpful and friendly.

Granted, we haven't actually spent the night here yet and will only spend one night as we are catching a flight tomorrow but in regards to noise, it's Central America people.
It's loud! If you want it to be silent, stay at the Best Western or an upscale hotel.

I now just assume that I will hear iguanas, noisy birds, roosters, and reggaeton. Lots and lots of reggaeton.

The room is cheap and well located.

We like it, I would recommend it.
Again, remember where you are and how standards are most likely much different from your home country and just go with it if you are traveling on the cheap.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sloane k
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at la Posada del Tope with a friend for 2 nights. If you just need a place to crash it's barely ok... It is located 2 blocks away from the main square. There are no windows in the rooms, which are very dusty and with lots of insects (ants of various sizes, roaches and other flying things). The bathrooms are not clean and the night staff had the TV on very loud, all night. The small fan was very noisy and half broken, not to mention the dodgy electric wiring. For the same price you are better off staying in Hotel Liberia just one block away. There is a fridge and a microwave for use, but no kitchen. Wifi is available. I don't rate as 'terrible' since it is relatively cheap, and the guy at the front desk is friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank makapon
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Coming in late and schlepping a bag, I took what I found. The very high pieces of tin that served as a roof were being scratched and thumped on by what turned out to be an iguana I was told. I moved to another room only to return from hiking to no hot water for a few hours. That wasn't too bad. The noisy double bang that Silke from across the street (same hotel) heard and thought were bomb blasts weren't too bad. Nor was the fact the lights went out for about four hours. Supposedly a tree fell on the wiring.

However, hearing a television that the desk clerk played all night and the depth of dust bunnies under my bed simply pushed it over the top. I won't give it a bottom rating because I was told the rooms across the street were better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank nat4000
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Stayed here in November 2010.

Place is pretty well located, the room we stayed in was dark, windowless and dingy, but it was basically fine.

Bit mosquito net, comfy enough bed, TV in the room.

Bathroom was horrible, a pipe for a shower and we shared it with a big lizard!

Guy who runs it was nice and helpful.

Go to Rincon De La Vieja and check out the volcanita and the bubbling mud pots! Mental!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple