“Wonderful hospitality”
Review of Hotel Javy

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liberia
Hotel Javy
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Liberia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Like many who have left reviews here, we stayed at the Hotel Javy for one night at the end of our trip because it is near the airport and received such great reviews. From our reservation experience (emailing back and forth with the gracious Javier, or "Javy") to the ebullient friendliness of his mother Isabelle and the rest of the staff, Hotel Javy is a unique experience in budget travel. We were a bit stressed out from driving when we arrived but after we got settled we were encouraged to come back downstairs for smoothies and fresh fruit. Isabelle radiates warmth and welcome. Our room was comfortable and though we had an early flight and couldn't enjoy the full breakfast, we were once again encouraged to have some lovely fruit -- and I really appreciated the staff making me coffee a few minutes before breakfast officially started at 6 am -- above and beyond!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We enjoyed our last night in Costa Rica at Hotel Javy. The greeting was warm, the place was sparkling clean, and the breakfast was huge. Miss Isabelle arranged for a taxi to the airport first thing in the morning. Breakfast wasn't quite finished when our driver arrived, so he was invited to join in, too. And we made it to the airport in plenty of time. We would most certainly recommend this sweet, lovely spot.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank etm408abc
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were flying out of Liberia and needed a place to stay for one night on April 20th, 2014.

This place was stunningly AMAZING! I am still waiting for the catch. Our expectations were exceeded 10-fold!

We arrived late in the afternoon and were greeted by an amazingly warm and charming women (Isabelle I believe is her name). She clearly has a passion for what she does and she provides the most amazing customer service I have ever experienced. Even calling it customer server sort of diminishes it as you feel more like a welcome guest/friend then a customer.

She treated us to a delicious plate of fresh fruit and an equally delicious mango banana fresh fruit smoothie as soon as we arrive. We had dinner there and a 1/2 bottle of wine. The Dinner was amazing. It was arguably the best meal we had had in the 2 weeks we spent in Costa Rica. The wine too was great.

Breakfast in the morning was fantastic. The Wifi was great (best signal that we had gotten from any place we stayed at in Costa Rica). The rooms are amazingly clean and the A/C is amazingly powerful!

Everything about Hotel Javy is sensational. You will NOT be dissapointed! This place and Isabelle are an absolute Gem!

We left the next morning completely blow away by the service, the rooms, the A/C, the foot, the wine, the fresh fruit, the smoothies, the wifi, the secured parking, the comfortable beds... everything!

Despite leaving a decent tip I felt like I should have paid more for what we got! It's seriously a place that you may check-out and feel like you haven't paid enough!

Isabelle does everything she can to ensure you have a good stay. When we checked in she even showed us a couple of different rooms and let us decide which one we liked best. She's is also very good about letting you have your own space so you can enjoy you meal without her staring at you the whole time. She is there to help when you need it and will let you be when you want privacy.

Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed in Liberia a few nights before our flight out of Costa Rica. I found Hotel Javy by its great reviews on trip advisor, and after staying there, I wholly agree with the reviews. From the reviews, I suspected that it'd be a difficult place to find, so I mapped out the location on Google Maps ahead of time and printed out a detailed copy of the map. As far as we could tell, Liberia has no street signs, so having a copy of the map was invaluable, and allowed us to navigate to Hotel Javy with ease.

The two women who ran the place were so nice and so friendly and so gracious and very hard working. I cannot say enough lovely things about them. We showed up a little after 7pm, and they served us fresh fruit and fresh fruit juice. We had asked if the pharmacies were still open -we needed to get some eye drops for our 17 month old daughter -and the one woman working that evening went out of her way to call until she found a pharmacy that was still open (although we didn't speak spanish well enough to make the phone call useful). The (included) breakfast was HUGE and delicious. We ate dinner there our second night. Again very delicious and very reasonably priced. The women fretted over our daughter and even played with her a bit. We had an early flight out the next morning, and one of the women got up to say good-bye. The rooms themselves are pretty basic, but immaculate. There is free wifi, tv, hot water, and secured parking. The little area in the courtyard (where we hung out a lot) was very charming. It felt like a true costa rican experience, and we would definitely stay there in a heartbeat if we are back in Liberia.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ironshirt
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Excerpt for "Buscando Las Americas," my travel blog while driving through Central America to South America: "Last night we found the "Best Hotel in the World" (my claim), the Hotel Javy, in Liberia, Costa Rica. The overlander, who settles for a hotel where camping is not an option, knows when he or she has found the right hotel. The camper fits. The parking is secure behind very tall gates that are locked at night. The hotel staff welcomes you with warmth and an eagerness to make things easy. The physical relationship between hotel room, parking, dining area and office is not just convenient but is also laid out seamlessly, ornamented thoughtfully, beautifully, with local plants, hanging fruit, and a social sit down gazebo for you to just get away from it all. The internet works. The ambiance glows with personality. The food is local and fresh. Everything is very affordable. The breakfast in the morning is the best you’ve ever had, ever, freshly made mango juice from whole mango fruit, Costa Rican coffee, a plate of multiple types fresh fruit, picked for its ripeness and flavor, followed by expertly cooked eggs, casamiento (the marriage of beans and rice), and sweet plantains cooked to the right tenderness. The warmth continues until the moment you exit the gates to continue your journey. This is the Hotel Javy, a Tripadvisor favorite and the most difficult hotel we’ve ever had to find, requiring multiple consultations with street people, in a sleepy small town not far from the Northern border of Costa Rica." - tom simpson @ www.buscandolasamericas.com

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were welcomed with good food for both dinner and breakfast- the best fruit in Costa Rica. Isabella was so warm and welcoming. Our family stayed there when we arrived in Costa Rica and the night before we left. Like a home away from home. Nice and comfortable with secured parking and A/C. The hotel was priced reasonably, $80 Cdn for 4 of us. Isabella made taxi arrangements to the airport at 4am and got up to make us coffee and fruit, even though I told her it wasn't neccessary. My husband, and I and our two teens loved sitting in the gazebo playing scrabble. The kids loved the wifi of course. great value! Hotel Javy was a little hard to find. It was great to have mango trees in the yard. Taxi from the airport is $20.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked a room at hotel Javy for my first night in Costa Rica after a long day of flying. I booked the day before online, and Javier was quick to respond. He was very helpful in arranging my last minute transportation. He even had a cheaper than normal taxi meet me at the airport! I was pleasantly surprised to be met at the hotel by two very friendly ladies who offered me juice and fruit. Although my spanish is limited, Isabel and Carla were very warm and kind and made me feel welcome. The hotel is clean and comfortable. It would be great deal on its merits alone as a hotel, however it's the personal touch that really impressed me. I was so impressed that I stayed a second time at the end of my trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo