“Best fast food EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Green House
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Liberia
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Central American, International, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nuevo Arenal
“Best fast food EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was late getting my sister by the airport (Liberia, Costa Rica). I ran in to The Green House to see if they were open as it was a bit early for lunch and if we could be served in short order. We had a fabulous Thai Chicken Salad and desert to go. Lovely presentation and we had no problem getting to the airport with a few minutes to spare.

• Visited March 2014

Calgary
“Just OK for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

It took us just over 2.5 hours to eat here, it took a really long time for the food to be prepared. I would like to say that it was worth the wait but I had a salad with chicken on it and the chicken was way overcooked tasted burnt and chewy, my husband had a huge burger but the burger was prepared medium rare and he asked for well done and my son ordered steak and shrimp, the steak was huge, nice flavor but very overpowered by a lot of pink seafood sauce. Appetizers were ok, we didn't have desert. Very nice owners and lovely atmosphere but a bit too expensive too, sorry. I must not forget that the drinks were fantastic!

Kent, Washington
“Took a long time to get served. Some food was good, other so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We went here on Feb. 15th and arrived about 5PM. We ordered drinks, calamari and nachos. It must have taken the best part of 1/2 hour to get the food. There was only a handful of people there. I think we were outnumbered by the staff. TA reviews said to get sandwiches, nachos and to avoid the seafood. We did that. I had the open faced chicken and mushroom sandwich and my wife had the beef with peppers sandwich.

The nachos were very good as others have mentioned - would cost quite a bit more in the States. My sandwich was okay - the bread was hard and it was difficult to cut through. The beef sandwich was good. I would recommend the steak fries vs. regular fries.

I had seen the reviews on TA and a couple staying at Andaz said they went for V-day. So we gave it a go. I don't know if it would be our first choice should we go back to Costa Rica but it would be a viable option if needed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Samara Costa Rica
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is the second time at the Green House and both times we had an excellent experience. Tonight we had the English Fish and Chips, I did change the fries for a salad and my husband had the sesame crusted tuna. Both meals were very satisfying both in quality and quantity. The servicer was very attentive, the atmosphere was very comfortable. The food came out quickly. All in all we had a nice comfortable dining experience.
Its a little difficult to find. Go past the airport heading north towards Liberia. Look for the Florida Beverage sign and it will be just after that on the left side of the highway. The prices are responsible for the total experience. We highly recommend The Green House Restaurant.

Filadelfia, Costa Rica
“AIRLINE DINNER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our dinner was great food is very good, We came as a group to eat.
We got ther at 5:00pm, we order our foof. It took long for the food to come to the table. It took more than an hour. We came as a group to enjoy the dinner, but since it toook for ever the order the group was divided cause some of the group had to go. Our dinner was set at 7:00 pm but some couldn't make it so we made it for 5:00 pm so that we can all of us we can enjoy the dinner together. But since the food did not arrived on time they left us, we are a group. The is great, the last time we were ther it was great we had a great time, thats why we choose this restaurant. Today was not the day it took for ever, this place is our frist choice for dinner, even we recomended to others airlines, but as today we think it twicw before we make a choice, of where to eat. I've enven asked the waiter if the restaurant has new administration cause the service has change alot. We even send our flight crew to eat at this place, but if these has happen preferd sending them to Liberia or to a place where the service is fast. just hopping that next time we go it would be more pleasent than this time.

• 4 of 5 bubbles