“Best guides ever!!”

Add it.
Papagayo Holidays- Day Tours
Ranked #30 of 48 Tours in Liberia
More attraction details
Owner description: Papagayo Holidays & Adventures is a family owned business, a premier destination management company founded in 1998 has grown to become a full service hospitality management company, providing its travel partners with a complete array of hospitality services throughout Costa Rica.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

It started wit a turtle tour. The start of the pacific green olive turtles beaching happened the day I arrived. I was lucky enough the the resort used andy's tours instead of the usual. He took care of all of us.It was a long trip but worth the wait, he translated for us so that we got all the information the ranger was talling us. The next day I called, on the second ring he answered and we made a date for arenal. There was 2 of us. We had a private driver for the day. we went where we wanted, when we wanted. The prices are very reasonable!! Our driver was Toni. He made our day so special we booked all our tours with him. My mother is a bad leg and Toni helped her out with out blinking his eye. He told us about the country and you could hear the honesty in him. Alway a smile on his face he showed us amimals that we would have never spotted and stopping when there was a beautiful picture op. The company is local and they know the best palces to shop, eat, and hang out. As a matter of fact Toni helped me out. I would have gotten ripped off a good deal of money if it wasnt for him. He talked to the owner of the business and I got the propper change. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!! You made our trip the best I have ever been on. I will be calling on you again.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Andy took incredible care of us! He planned every day of our week long trip in Costa Rica, and we had a phenominal time. There were two families of 5 in our group with kids ranging in age from 10 to 15. Andy had great suggestions on adventerous activities and has excellent knowledge of Costa Rica. He was always punctual and went the extra mile to make sure we were all happy. Our children loved him, and so did the parents. Andy was always punctual and his company handled all of our transportation from picking us up at the airport, to the various activities, and back to the airport at the end of the week. Things went so smoothly. In additon, the vehicles were all new, clean and safe, and Andy is an excellent driver. We went white water rafting, horseback riding, zip-lining, rappeling through canyons, swimming into waterfalls, mud baths, hot springs, and of course, just hanging out at the beaches. Thanks to Andy, we did it all and had a blast. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Andy and his service was referred to me as I surprised my husband for his 50th birthday with our first vacation to Costa Rica July 2012. His detailed planning and knowledge of Costa Rica made our trip the most memorable ever! He planned each day of our two week stay almost down to the hour, arranging the excursions and providing the transportation as well. From the first moment he met us as the airport, we knew we were in GREAT hands. He arranged off the beaten path excursions and his fees were more than reasonable. We had the most personal service we've ever recieved in all our many years of travel and now count Andy as a valued personal friend of our family. We have recommended him to everyone we know planning a trip to Costa Rica. We are looking forward to our next visit to Costa Rica this summer and Andy will definately be our first call!

1  Thank Kindra H
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We use Andy's service over and over because he's so reliable. His English is excellent so if you're new to Costa Rica no worries. He's been to the US a number of times so he understands a North American tourists desires. When he picks us up from the airport, he's great with our dogs and tons of luggage. Take his tour to Nicarauga, it's fantastic! You can't believe all the great sites he can fit into one day. Plus he sweeps you across the border while others wait hours in line. If you're going to the rain forest don't drive, the roads are not marked or paved. Use Andy's service you can relax and see monkeys, volcanoes, and beautiful country side on the way instead of stressing about getting lost. Call him if you don't have a plan, he can take you to waterfalls, and beaches you would never discover on your own. Costa Rica is a beautiful country with friendly people, it's safe and filled with honest people like Andy, let him show you around.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I am an airline pilot and Andy would drive our crew to our hotel on our layover in lir. That is how I originally had the pleasure of meeting Andy with Papagayo Holidays. I had recently taken my family on a vacation to lir and asked Andy to help in guiding our family on some tours. There was 9 people in our group 2 - 73 yrs ( my mother and mother in law) 2 - 50+ , 3 - 30 yrs, a 6 yr old and a 15 month old ( our grandchildren) I thought that this would be a true challenge for Andy but it wasn't. He had catered to our family every second, he made our trip very educational with all the history and knowledge from trees , vegetation , birds , animals, you name it he knew it. His knowledge of Costa Rica is phenomenal. He made our tours very personal for every age in our group. We have since returned to Costa Rica multiple times and have used Papagayo Holidays. We would highly recommend Andy . We will always learn and find something new. What an AMAZING person and company.