“LOVE AND HONOR”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Iboga House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liberia
Iboga House
“LOVE AND HONOR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

changed my life forever ... trust your self in order to look .. its funny how people have to lie about something good simply because they let there expectations get the best of them .. TRUST YOURSELF IN ORDER TO LOOK .. this medicine works if you are honest with yourself with an open mind ..we are all gods and goddesses that need to take a look into our hearts mind body and soul and really learn to respect just that ... IBOGA teaches you just that with your participation to to find your inner truth ..and the answer to life ...LOVE..LOVE..LOVE .. IBOGA HOUSE IS THE FRESHEST ..and they helped guide me to guide myself to save my own life.. TRUST YOUR SELF IN ORDER TO LOOK.. you deserve it ..dont you KNOW.. my entire life changed ... from disrespecting my self to disrespecting my wife ..it not only detoxed my life it detoxed mine and my wives relationship ..i can go on and on how positive IBOGAHOUSE is .. because its the TRUTH.. the Iboga House Family treats you with respect and takes care of you to the fullest .. no joke .. be grateful ..just be ...one love ..practice daily.. HAPPY THOUGHTS... PEACE..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank chor b

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My experience was beyond what I ever could have imagined! I stayed for twelve days doing a drug detox and two psycho spiritual journeys. Any needs or questions that I had on any level were handled immediately by the amazing staff.
The location was a beautiful isolated property with a great view. Fresh coconut and mango trees surrounded the two massive houses where clients stayed. Staff were always available for the client's needs and the providers available to answer questions or even socialize casually. I always felt welcomed and well cared for.
The iboga ceremonies were well conducted and offered group discussion prior to, during and after taking the medicine. One thing that resonated throughout my time there was that all the help in the world would not help me if one was not ready to help them self.
Iboga is the doorway to all answers anyone could have, but in order to know this truth you have to be ready to face you're own truth. Not an easy thing to do, but the most freeing thing one can do.

• Stayed April 2014
9 Thank Levit8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I learned about iboga while I was helping a loved one research options for healing an addiction. He was in crisis with a heroin relapse. I learned that heroin addicts have just a 10% chance of recovery without relapse in our Western medical system. There is an 80% + chance of recovery with quality iboga treatment.

The more I learned about iboga, the more the medicine called to me for my own healing and awakening experience. I was drawn to experience the full plant spirit that they offer at Iboga House - vs. the pharmaceutical extract call Ibogaine.

The people at Iboga House were helpful and responsive from the first email and phone call. They were patient and attentive with all our questions.

I accompanied my loved one to the Iboga House and we both experienced 2 journeys.

The stately house was so lovely. The natural surroundings and views were beautiful. It was such a peaceful environment for healing. The staff and house-keepers took excellent care of us. Though the place is not exactly a five star hotel, it was comfortable, safe, and clean.

The wonderful, compassionate people at the Iboga House welcomed us into their beautiful retreat center and we felt perfectly cared for. We felt safe and honored throughout our entire experience.

We loved listening to Moughenda's daily informal talks about the art of life and his many stories of life growing up in the jungle. We basked in the lineage teachings that come through this plant. He was so easy to speak with. He is a great spiritual warrior, and yet a humble and playful man who kept us laughing day after day.

We were lead on an initial detox journey, which was psychologically, emotionally, and physically exhausting - yet I have never felt more pure and clean in all my life.

Our second journey was the psycho-spiritual journey. Beyond just physical healing, this second treatment offered illumination, guidance, and peace. We felt so vibrant, wonderful, happy, healthy. The next we both felt reborn.

My loved one's transformation was MIRACULOUS! I have never seen such a radical positive transformation in so short a time.

He went from dark to light, death to life. The addiction completely left his body just 24 hours. His eyes brightened. His skin cleared. His mind sharpened. His spirit returned. His genuine joy and love returned. He behaved with a new reverence and respect for other beings and life itself. Insights were received as to the roots of his pain and darkness.

I would recommend the Iboga House to anyone for health and insight!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Elisa B
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Let me first begin by talking about the origin of Iboga. Iboga is a bark that has been extracted mLet me first begin by talking about the origin of Iboga. Iboga is a bark that has been extracted from the root of the Iboga Tabernathe tree which was discovered in Gabon, Africa thousands of years ago and has been used by the Bwiti people ever since then for spiritual healing. Iboga is the pure extract of the root which is comprised of all 12 total alkaloids (or T.A.) and is the medicine used in the ceremonies. The traditional ceremonies are lead by Moughenda, a 10th generation shaman who grew up in Gabon Africa and began taking Iboga when he was 8 or 9 years old. The ceremonies are held at night (beginning usually around 7:30 pm and ending the next morning at 6am) and usually consist of 7 to 10 participants as well as 3 to 4 "Iboga providers".
The ceremony begins around a small fire where the shaman and all the providers explain a few precautions and what the Iboga journey is all about. They also talk about their personal experiences and what they went through in their "journeys." After that, around 9 pm, everyone was administered the Iboga which consisted of a tablespoon of ground up root bark & then shortly after that the capsule of "T.A."
Mattresses for each person are placed in the temple and everyone goes to lie down on them to begin their journey. The journey is different for everyone and I imagine no two the same. Not long after people lay down on their mattresses do they begin "purging" or throwing up. This is a good thing as the Iboga is detoxing your body right away. Personally, it took me longer than the other 7 people to purge. I remained by the fire talking to Scott & Vinny (Iboga providers) while everyone else was already lying down in the temple. No sooner than Vinny mentioned the word purge did I vomit into a small bucket at my feet. It almost seemed to have happened by Vinny's command. I immediately felt "better" after that and continued to sit around the fire. A few hours passed before I felt myself to be under the influence of Iboga. I finally went and layed down on my mattress and began my "1st journey" and my detox. What happened over the next 6 hours or so I cannot explain for sure. All I know is that what happens within you can only make sense to you at the time and even looking back on it seems surreal. But while you are going through it it is the most real thing you will ever go through.
The 1st journey is mostly a detox however and not a lot more happens than that. What I was able to understand is that the Iboga initially does is take an inventory of your body and any damage that has happened inside of you (physical and spiritual which are essentially intertwined) and begins what the shaman referred to as a "war inside you". From the top of your head all the way to the tips of your toes, the Iboga begins clearing out toxins at a cellular level. I vomited 3 times over the course of the night. The process was relatively slow and the pain at times seemed writhing and unbearable. But the Iboga somehow makes you look squarely into the face of your own pain and endure every moment of it. Its almost as if you must bear witness to the damage you have done to yourself before you can let go of it. Your mind seems to be filled with uncomprehensable thoughts as to what is actually going on within you but that is how its supposed to be. The Iboga works fast however and just when you think you cant take another second of it you hit a climax and throw up again.
No sooner than it begins does it end and you are swinging in a hammock on the upstairs balcony looking out at the beautiful valley and processing what just happened. The rest of the day was dedicated to processing and by the sunset we all confessed that we hadnt sat around like that in years, if ever. It was really beautiful and it gave us a chance to reflect and share with each other our journeys and how they were all so unique to each if us.

I was, more than anything, humbled by Iboga. I also felt like I could breathe again for the first time in my life. Its as if my lungs gained a greater capacity to draw in oxygen and finally breathing in what I had needed all along.
Some of us came with greater expectations than others but I dont think any of us really knew just how incredible this experience was going to be. I think it blew our minds in fact. We are all still attempting to wrap our brains around the miracle that is Iboga.

The next day we went to Vandara Spa and had a gourmet lunch, rode on horseback up the mountain to go zipling (longest & highest set of 10 ziplines Ive ever seen in Costa Rica) and then smothered ourselves in Volcanic mud and swam in the hot springs.

On Sunday we had our spiritual shower at a local river and made silent vows to let go of anything in our lives that we no longer want or need and set our intentions for all our wishes to manifest in our lives. We then changed out of our wet clothes and left them on the river bank, we were told to hike back up to the road and not look back. I think thats when I realized what the message of the spiritual shower really was. A new beginning where your past is washed away and everything in life is before you. If only you choose that.

Personally, my vows stated that I wanted to let go of fear, shame, guilt, blame and anything else that didnt serve my highest good. My intentions were to be happy, loving, and truly present in my life & to really cherish every moment that I am given and to live my life more fully from here on out. To open my eyes wider and really see the truth. To heal all my relationships with friends, family and especially myself. It was the first day of the rest of my life.

Our last journey began around the fire on Sunday night. Unlike my 1st journey, I felt the effects of the Iboga immediately and layed down as soon as I could. It took every ounce of will power for me to just lye still and breath as the Iboga slowly but surely worked its magic. I think I was expecting more on this journey but the Iboga had other plans and always gets the final say. The rest of the night I felt sick in my stomach and was a little short of breath and anxious. Thankfully I somehow managed to purge a few more times but I was never able to go on any further than that. But I was grateful for that as whatever I purged was toxic and suffocating me. Vinny referred to the poison as "emotions". I was just glad that they came out. Other people are able to see through their 3rd eye and even astral project into the spirit world. But it really just depends on your mind and where youre at. I finally had an epiphany in my last hour or so and realized my journey had been everything I needed it to be. All of the answers I was looking for me were inside of me all along. Why was I grasping for something that was right in front of my face? I was humbled yet again. In the end, I felt proud that I had followed through on something that took a tremendous amount of trust, patience & focus. I took stock of my own suffering and raised it up into the light of my awareness so that I could move beyond it and really begin to live again.

Vinny & Brad took care of the 7 of us through the night and was there with a bucket, tissue, water, helping hand or words of wisdom when we needed them. I felt a tremendous amount of respect and trust for all of the people working at Iboga House. The biggest inspiration to stay strong came from the fact that each and every one of the staff members had been through the Iboga journeys and were living proof of how truly awake and loving one could be. They are all extremely intelligent yet down to earth and always seem to have the time to hold space for you. The everyday living situation was extremely relaxed and cooperative. There were no big rules and you basically have not only your own bedroom but the free reign of a huge two story house. We spent most of our free time here when not out for day activities. 3 meals were prepared for us daily where we usually ate together around a big dining room table. They would make us fresh watermelon juice and tropical fruit plates as soon as we woke up and then bacon & eggs, etc. Throughout the day Anthony, the house manager and Scott, an apprentice are present and available for us at all hours during the week. They are both very open minded and accepting of each and every person that walks through the door. Everyone is greeted with a huge smile and food or a chat and then showed around the house the house. Brad usually goes into town or groceries and you can sometimes ride along or ask for something to be picked up for you. In short, you feel at home at the Iboga House and everyone here makes you feel that they are truly here for you. Its unparalleled.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
23 Thank Phoodey
Mallorytown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

A unique retreat and the only place outside of Africa, where a tenth generation Biwiti Shaman shares his vast knowledge of ancient plant medicines and traditions. Moughenda guides you on a life changing personal journey of physical healing and spiritual awakening. Iboga House is set on top of the beautiful Rincon de la vierje mountains. This peacful retreat with it's amazing views,lush gardens and tropical orchard with coconut palms,mango and citrus trees is relaxation at it's best. The staff are warm,caring and attentive to your every need and their talented chefs prepare delicious meals made with fresh local ingredients. The accommodations are clean, comfortable ,air conditioned and the views from the balcony are amazing. Tropical sunsets, beautiful birds and exotic wildlife.
Your hosts Moughenda, Julia and their team offer excursions to a mountain hotsprings and spa that has horseback ridind,zip lining through the forest canopy or simply soaking in a natural hot springs pool. Also a day trip to beautiful Playa Hermosa and lunch on the beach with some shopping at Playa Coco after.
Experiencing the Iboga House is an unforgettable place to heal your body, free your mind and get to know your true self. While enjoying my own personal time at the Iboga House I witnessed ten people from all around the world who experienced wonderful transformations in their lives. Within 24 hours from the time of their arrival the personal changes were immense. They went from fearful and unsure of their own abilities to confident, calm and happy with themselves. My daughter had an incredible spiritual journey that healed her spirit and guided her toward her true life purpose. Thankyou Iboga House

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
18 Thank cherylcoulter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Iboga House Review, my story...

Hello, I was at the Iboga house in the summer of 2012 for an unforgettable journey. I just seen they had their new tripadvisor listing set up and figured I should let you know about my experience.

I went to the Iboga House for spiritual and self introspection reasons. I do not come from a real troubling background but know I had some blocks that could take me to a higher level if I could work through them.

I was excited to meet Moughenda Mikala (the 10th generation Bwiti shaman from Gabon, Africa) as I had never even seen a shaman prior to my arrival...I expected him to come levitating into the room...to my surprise he is very down to earth and genuine. You can tell he is a normal guy who likes to joke and have fun. With that said, he has so much knowledge about healing people physically and mentally and utilizing the sacred iboga to help people, help themselves.

Some of the best times I had during my stay at the Iboga House was the nights we sit around the campfire prior to the journeys and we could ask any questions we want to Moughenda. What really sealed it for me is the Bwiti do not speak about things they don't know about, the only speak about things they know. So if there is something that the Bwiti do not know about they will tell you "we don't know." Typically these are things like "how did god become god" and other really deep questions that no "man" knows. But he does know a heck of a lot. What I learned the most and enjoyed the most was learning about learning how to live and studying how to live life.

The journeys....well those are most def. deep and powerful. I wanted to work on not being so judgemental, why I had certain tendencies, how I can become more successful in my business life etc. For me...these answers were not absolute, but with time I understood what Iboga was teaching me about myself and how it related to my life. The thing I have found with Iboga is it gives you what you need. What you need and want are 2 different things of course.

The staff and providers like Gary and Brad are totally cool guys. They may seem a bit reserved at first but you just have to take an effort to get to know them and they will totally open up to you and help you in any way they can with 100% commitment. They also rarely sleep it seems!

I didn't go to the Iboga House for a resort type experience although I imagine some do. My reccomendation would be to go to work on you, not for a vacation or to "relax" but to really work on yourself. If you do that I have no doubt you will find what you are looking for.

So there is my Iboga House review. I am not the best reviewer but I hope someone can get something out of this and change in the ways they want to improve their life. Even if you have a great life, Iboga can show you how to make it better and more fulfilling.

Room Tip: Choose bed next to a wall if possible during ceremony. Although they may have a pre determined plan...