“Great food, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Tierra Mar

Restaurante Tierra Mar
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Liberia
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Seafood, Soups, South American, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Garden Bay, Canada
“Great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I found ourselves in Liberia with a few hours to spare before our shuttle arrived, and Tierra Mar had been recommended to us by the owners of our hotel. We weren't disappointed - the food was fresh and expertly prepared - I had a huge salad of fresh vegetables, dressed lightly, and my husband had some of the best calamari he's ever tasted.. We sat under a canopy during the passing rainstorms and watched the city go about its daily life. Then Diego, the owner, introduced himself and spent a good few minutes talking about his plans for expanding this new establishment. He's built it from nothing over the past few months and plans to do even more, to make it The Place to eat in Liberia. When I asked if we could pay to use his phone to contact the shuttle company in San Jose, he handed it over, refusing any payment. Then he brought us a sample of a drink made of fresh fruit and ginger - wonderful! We hope to repeat the experience soon.

• Visited June 2013

La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
“Great, Great, Great Fresh seafood, friendly good service. Good Prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I are in Costa Rica for vacation, and heard about a festival in Liberia, a 30 minute drive from the coast where we were staying. We walked the streets of the festival, and asked a local where a good seafood restaurant was, and they told us it was the Tierra Mar. So we decided to go. We were greeted by the owner Diego, who spoke excellent english. He told us he had been open for three months, and told us about his fresh seafood, and that he made trips 3 times a week to the fishing village in Puntarenas to pick up his fresh fish, My wife and i were treated to a seafood platter, of fish, shrimp, clams, lobster...... It was presented beautifully, and it was delicious. The portion size was amazing, Too much for two people. I would definitely, eat there again.

• Visited February 2013