Rincon de la Vieja Mountain Lodge Canopy Tour
Louisa, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was lucky enough to be the only person on the tour. The guides are personable, funny, very knowledgeable and decent photographers. The zip line tour itself is just beautiful. The scenery is stunning. I highly recommend both the zip line and horseback tours.

Visited December 2013

Wisconsin
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Awesome EXTREME Adventure!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was a blast! The staff was super helpful and the zip lining was amazing! There's a lot of up hill hiking to get to the lines and mountain water slide but very worth it. We did everything, including the Tarzan rope swing (not for the weak at heart). The mud bath was fun but not getting hosed down with cold water afterwards. But then you go into the hot springs which makes it all better!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank GOOFYROSE96
Houston, TX.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Adventure, So Much Fun!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We did the full adventure tour and had a blast! We loved the zip lines, and horseback riding, but had the most fun white water tubing! We tube all the time in Texas, but this was incredible, what a rush! We were starving after our busy day and loved the meal that was included in our tour, it was delish! All in all we had a great day and have wonderful memories. We would absolutely recommend this adventure, it was well worth every penny!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank rgrk2
TN
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Long day, but fun”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were lucky to have Tomato from Tomato Adventures as our guide. He knows this tour well and got us there early to avoid any lines. He also timed the tour so we would only change clothes once (when we were completely finished). We started with the zip line, then rode the horses to the hot springs and finished with the water slide before lunch. We were very hungry by the time we got to eat lunch. Be prepared for some cranky horses that bunch up and get skittish going up hills or when they are forced to the side off the side of the road by the tractor. You have the choice to ride the tractor instead of the horses, but that is a bit of a rough ride too. The lunch was good, especially the fried fish (snapper or sea bass?). The zip lining was fun but really too long.

Visited March 2013
Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We did the full adventure tour and booked it through Monkey Tours in Samara, and definitely got a lot for our money! Started the morning with horseback riding (about 2 hours) with a stop at a waterfall along the way and some time for swimming and jumping off of a cliff into the water. Then did a white water tubing trip- the water was a little bit lower than usual because it is the dry season, but this gave us some opportunities to relax and enjoy the scenery between rapids.
We took a break for lunch, which was included in our tour, which was very good. Next we did zip lining, which was awesome but terrifying for me, as I am afraid of heights. I think I might have gotten along with a little bit calmer nerves if any of the guides spoke English (so that they could have explained the safety precautions to me), but as I had made the choice to do this activity in a Spanish speaking country, I definitely didn't take issue with this. There were a few moments while I was zip lining that I was concerned that the guides might not be paying enough attention to what they were doing, or that it may not have been safe, but when I looked more closely it was clear that they used all sorts of safety precautions, including always hooking us to stationary wires on the platforms before unhooking us from the zip lines so that we were always attached to something with no chance of falling. Considering how afraid of heights I am, I never would have imagined that I could have done this, and I was very happy that I did because it was a blast!
We finished up by going to the hot springs, where we painted ourselves with mud and then relaxed in clear blue hot springs of varying temperatures.

Visited February 2013