“Welcome home!”
Review of Rancho Ricco

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nicoya
Rancho Ricco
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Welcome home!”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My husband and I visited Rancho Ricco for our honeymoon in May. Cia and her son welcomed us into their home. This is far off the tourist track - just how we liked it! Cia was away for most of our stay there but her son (in his early 20's) took excellent care of us and really made us feel like part of the family.

Rancho Ricco is set up so that Cia's living quarters and kitchen are connected to two (or maybe three, I forget) guest rooms by a large open air sitting area and walkway. The guest rooms are simple but lovely and each has its own bathroom. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the patio, reading, listening to nature all around, feeling the breeze. The main house is open to guests and Cia has an extensive book and video library if you are so inclined.

Our favorite part was definitely the riding. Cia's ranch has many horses, all of which roam the property as they wish so Mauricio (Cia's son) rounds up a few and takes you out on the property. It was a very relaxed ride, but we still got to canter a bit, which was quite exciting for us novices!

Our stay was too short - only three or four nights. We went to the west coast as well but I wish we had spent the whole time at Rancho Ricco! I'm not doing the place justice in my descriptions, but if you want a beautiful, relaxed, laid back stay and be welcomed into the home of a lovely person, this is the place for you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
vermont
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This place is beautiful. A ranch in the maountains overlooking the gulf of Nicoya. The staff and owner will , for no more than the pric of any resort, design our own wonderful vacation. The Ranch has horses, cows , goats, afriendly dog and cat in residence. The kitchen is staffed for made to order dining what you want when you want it . much of the fuirt vegetables and cheeses are fom the ranch.There are also several nearby restuarants with excellent views for beautiful evening dining. The staff will design your vacation, around, beaches, mountains, volcanoes, zip lines, The local people fraon Carmona and surrunding towns are wonderful friendly typical Costa Rican.

The Ranch caters to special groups and programs and are always willing to make design your stay around your needs.

The views are fantastic. I would return in a second.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank got2beVermont
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Perfect winter break, after all the activities of the holidays! Rancho Ricco welcomed me with open arms, friendly smiles, a clean and comfortable room, delicious fresh foods, and the cleanest air and water! I could have been happy spending my whole week lounging on the patio, reading and smelling the flowers, watching the pet monkey, or hiking around the ranch, but I chose to join other guests and explore 2 beaches and a Nature preserve. Everywhere I went, I felt that people and nature lived in harmonious balance, respect, and mutual caring. I still smile and relax at the thought of Costa Rica and Rancho Ricco. I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank luciapug
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Rancho Ricco, The Center for Healing, is located in the Guanacaste Mountains overlooking the Gulf of Nicoya. Once you arrive you will be treated to fresh squeezed fruit juices, ripe papayas, just picked melons, and sweet mangos along with your just collected eggs.

All food is prepared freshly on the premises by local caring staff who will attend to your special dietary needs.

Cia Ricco is a skilled psychotherapist who runs retreats for all interests from executive retreats to all women's weeks. Some of her groups include: "Getting What You Want" "Therapeutic Support" "Women's Issues" or "Detox"

Accommodations are clean but spare. Dining and bathrooms are communal. Cia, also arranges trips to the beach to bird island and horseback riding throughout the countryside.

This was the first time I traveled outside of the country on my own. I had the most wonderful experience.

For those looking for more than a vacation, for those looking for spiritual renewal, this is the place to be.

• Liked — Cia is an amazing therapist. The group was intelligent and open to new ways of thinking. I really opened my heart. I am a new person for the experience.
  • Disliked — Not always enough hot running water for everyone
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo